Looking at a 97 382

Notices
Formula

Looking at a 97 382

Old 11-28-2008, 02:07 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

$55K for that 382 seems like a very good deal.....but like I said, you have to give someone else that same "very good deal" to get rid of yours. I hope I'm wrong about market prices, but my 312 was a year newer than yours when I sold it (a 1998 sold in 2006), and had a little better options (A/C, fresh rebuilds, and a new trailer) and I got just over $50K.

Last edited by t500hps; 11-28-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: referenced wrong boat
Old 11-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not listed mine yet, but I am going to look at the 382 next week and see if its a deal I can't pass up and then try to sell mine. You are right, the market is not good right now so it may be a moot point if I can't get what I need out of mine. Sure would be a nicer ride at the Ozarks on a rough week end though.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dave krehbiel
I have not listed mine yet, but I am going to look at the 382 next week and see if its a deal I can't pass up and then try to sell mine. You are right, the market is not good right now so it may be a moot point if I can't get what I need out of mine. Sure would be a nicer ride at the Ozarks on a rough week end though.

no ofeense to others, but as I said, look at OUR market, it is not near as bad as others may be!!! I have friends in the boating business throughout the midwest region and they are not hurting like other places and they are getting good prices for their used boats as well...Biggest mistake a sellar can make is price their boat to another market, this is NOT a nationa market, it is regional, at least not for your 312.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:59 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Shameless
no ofeense to others, but as I said, look at OUR market, it is not near as bad as others may be!!! I have friends in the boating business throughout the midwest region and they are not hurting like other places and they are getting good prices for their used boats as well...Biggest mistake a sellar can make is price their boat to another market, this is NOT a nationa market, it is regional, at least not for your 312.
Since I'm about the only other one posting, your probably refering to me. I "know" you from various websites like Jeffwake and the raw deal you got there..... No offense taken, I'm on the east coast and your right.....some markets are different. It was just ironic that he has the same boat I had and wants the boat I went to as well. Mine sold 2 years ago.....listed for over 2 months without a bite. When an offer did come, I felt I got a great deal on the 382 so I was willing to drop my number to get the 312 out of the driveway!!!

I hope he does better than I did, just relaying my experience....
Old 11-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered

I kind of put the cart before the horse here I guess, maybe I should just go ahead and put it on the market and see what bites I get on it. I would hate to sell it and then not be able to make a deal on another one and be boatless. That would be unthinkable! 500hps was it a good step going from a 312 to a 382 and what should I expect for speeds with 500 carbs in a 38, and anything else I should look for problem spots on this one.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps
Since I'm about the only other one posting, your probably refering to me. I "know" you from various websites like Jeffwake and the raw deal you got there..... No offense taken, I'm on the east coast and your right.....some markets are different. It was just ironic that he has the same boat I had and wants the boat I went to as well. Mine sold 2 years ago.....listed for over 2 months without a bite. When an offer did come, I felt I got a great deal on the 382 so I was willing to drop my number to get the 312 out of the driveway!!!

I hope he does better than I did, just relaying my experience....

Thanks for not taking offense!! We are still very fortunate in our part of the world here and boat sales are doing pretty good. Our banks have not fallen prey to the scam artist lenders and are in good shape as well. Actually we are having alot of TV adds trying to inform people that banks here are doing well and there is money to lend to people.

Now, as far as putting the boat on the market going into the first of Dec...from my past experience int he boat business, I guess you can do it now, but as a private sellar, you probably won't see any interest intil the middle of Feb. or so after boat show season is well on its way and people are getting the itch. I decided to sell my 5th wheel camper becasue I never use it, but I am going to save my money and nt list it until the end of Feb.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:17 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Shameless
Thanks for not taking offense!! We are still very fortunate in our part of the world here and boat sales are doing pretty good. Our banks have not fallen prey to the scam artist lenders and are in good shape as well. Actually we are having alot of TV adds trying to inform people that banks here are doing well and there is money to lend to people.

Now, as far as putting the boat on the market going into the first of Dec...from my past experience int he boat business, I guess you can do it now, but as a private sellar, you probably won't see any interest intil the middle of Feb. or so after boat show season is well on its way and people are getting the itch. I decided to sell my 5th wheel camper becasue I never use it, but I am going to save my money and nt list it until the end of Feb.
No problem.....a difference of opinion will not get me upset.....personal attacks have that potential but only if I'm already in a bad mood!!!
Old 11-28-2008, 09:31 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dave krehbiel
I kind of put the cart before the horse here I guess, maybe I should just go ahead and put it on the market and see what bites I get on it. I would hate to sell it and then not be able to make a deal on another one and be boatless. That would be unthinkable! 500hps was it a good step going from a 312 to a 382 and what should I expect for speeds with 500 carbs in a 38, and anything else I should look for problem spots on this one.
I NEEDED a bigger boat, we overnight quite a bit...with 3 kids!!!!

The 312 was cramped as you can imagine. It was a good boat, low 70's GPS with the 502's. We had done a bunch of things to make it "ours"...like the A/C, motors had to be redone, new trailer, aven replaced all the yellow switch covers on the dash.
While we only got into water a couple times I needed a bigger hull, we needed a bigger cabin often. The 382 offers couch lengths my kids can sleep on, or we can put in the filler cushions and sleep there ourselves. The 382 has A/C, refrig, and a seperate head compartment. TV/VCR with an added DVD player and then we installed a microwave. No genset, but a Honda 2000 stapped to the swim-platform runs everything we need. This boat also came on a crap trailer so I put a new one under it too.
Performance is hard for me to gauge for you. 500's are supposed to push the 382 to 74 on the best of days which is about the same as my 312. I bought the 382 in 2006 with 500EFI's that had 8psi Prochargers installed (reported 830 hp). I was told the engines had been "hurt/overheated" and that's why I was getting such a good deal. While I was told the boat ran 98gps when first built, I waited until my last run of the season (bought it mid-summer) to nail it....I "only saw 95 gps
I have since built NA motors that look like stock 500efi's but made 630hp/700tq. Runs low-mid 80's

Rough water ride........completely different!!! The 382 is a tank in comparison. Takes 3-4 waves without notice but you loose that "performance feel that the 312 gives you. Kinda like driving a ford Excursion instead of a ford Mustang. It has been well worth the trade-off just keep that in mind when deciding why you want the bigger boat. If your just looking for a bigger rough water boat and the cabin isn't real important.....I'd look at the 353's. I have not had one but everyone tells me they still have that "performance" feel and since they are considerable lighter...will be much faster. (My 382 weighs 10,500 dry from the factory)

Last edited by t500hps; 11-28-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered

I've got 2 different friends looking at that boat. Both are trying to sell theirs first.

The owner apparently used to own my boat (92 303). He did the dash in mine as well - painted it white and did the gauges. For the money, I don't think you're going to find a better deal, if I was in the market, it would already be in my driveway.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info, looks like it may be a race to see who's will sell first, lol.

Quick Reply: Looking at a 97 382

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.