Are you happy with your depth finder?

Notices
Formula

Are you happy with your depth finder?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:19 PM
BL6
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Are you happy with your depth finder?

I have a Lowrance 3500, installed at Formula factory, 2" round unit. In shallow spots, it will blink the same reading for 15 seconds. Which doesn't tell me current reading.
Its really 10 yrs old now. I see they have a 3800 unit newer, but will need new transducer. Also tells water temp. I think I'll swap it out. Does anyone know where transducers are mounted?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BL6
I have a Lowrance 3500, installed at Formula factory, 2" round unit. In shallow spots, it will blink the same reading for 15 seconds. Which doesn't tell me current reading.
Its really 10 yrs old now. I see they have a 3800 unit newer, but will need new transducer. Also tells water temp. I think I'll swap it out. Does anyone know where transducers are mounted?
Xducer is glued to the inside of the hull in the engine bay.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not happy with mine (factory) Maximum depth reading without alarm is 99.9 feet. Anything 100' or deeper and the constant alarm sounds, so I have to shut it off. Frustrating, because the average depth of San Francisco Bay is about 6', though close to the Golden Gate is is over 300' deep...So do the math, there are alot of shallow spots, I want my depth gauge on all the time!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered

not happy with mine eithher, anyone suggest the best out there, Formula puts 2 transducers in , they must know something is wrong !! open for suggestions............
Old 05-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Registered

I have a '97 382 and have to replace mine, can't get it to come on, register or anything. Anybody know how to get the old transducer off the hull?