Old 08-21-2009, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

The graphics are formula's platinum series Imron design "Storm"
Old 08-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have to agree the blue motors are cool, when i bought mine i gave up the blues for factory gen,a/c, and all the goodies. i dont know about you guys-but we cove out all day, not run all over.. coved out with gen running and a/c on so the girls can take a break from the heat, let me tell you it dosent get any better than that. and at the end of the day those 496HO's will push us up to 75mph on gps if i want . so you decide-low 80 or all the comforts of home... just my .02
Old 08-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered

check out my 353, it is for sale on boat trader.com http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...STech-95379216

Last edited by sidetracked502; 08-26-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Registered

Up north we drive our boats alot and when we get hot we jump in the river and swim. Having the good looking women down below with the AC sort of defeats the purpose.....
Old 08-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PMSMWHR
Up north we drive our boats alot and when we get hot we jump in the river and swim. Having the good looking women down below with the AC sort of defeats the purpose.....

Not to forget the linear effects of speed and bounce, ( . ) ( . ) !!!

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 08-27-2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sidetracked,, Nice boat! why you selling? can you put me on a payment plan lol
Old 08-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Registered

Default Fountain?? Why is it........

Originally Posted by Perfect Storm
I agree with all of the above... if you can afford the upgrade, the 525's are worth the extra $$$ on every level. You won't ever regret it. A favorite motto of mine is: "It only costs a little more to go first class" ... Isn't that why we formula owners didn't buy a fountain??? (!) Also, 5PMSMWHR is right, the resale value will be higher and you'll have a more sought after boat if you ever need to bail. When I was searching for my 353 last April, I traveled all the way from Buffalo, NY to Vegas to land my 525's. Keep us posted on your search and good luck!

PS When you land your 353, you'll have to talk to Dave AXAPOWELL about a new set of step plates. I just installed mine, and they look incredible! THANKS DAVE!

Dave
Thanks for the reply Dave. Question, though, ....why is it that so many folks say I should consider a Fountain?? They say they're faster, (maybe a bit). But they also say they're the best riding and handling sport boat made. I've been a fan of Thunderbird/Formula forever. I've always thought Formula was the best riding, (especially in rough water). Maybe not as fast, but way better made, heavier, stronger, and way better lookin'..........your thoughts, and anyone else.

Thanks guys for the input.........dave (RR)
Old 08-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88242LS
Sidetracked,, Nice boat! why you selling? can you put me on a payment plan lol
Family is getting bigger and its time for a Formula 40. In my book family comes first- and with the 353 i have the best of both worlds; go fast boat w/ comfort. With a 40ss we will have more room. again its all what your looking for and suits your needs.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket ride
Thanks for the reply Dave. Question, though, ....why is it that so many folks say I should consider a Fountain?? They say they're faster, (maybe a bit). But they also say they're the best riding and handling sport boat made. I've been a fan of Thunderbird/Formula forever. I've always thought Formula was the best riding, (especially in rough water). Maybe not as fast, but way better made, heavier, stronger, and way better lookin'..........your thoughts, and anyone else.

Thanks guys for the input.........dave (RR)
Formula might concede a few top-end mph's to Fountain, but in my opinion, nothing else. The FasTech is just such a perfectly designed and quality-engineered offshore boat, that I personally wouldn't consider anything else.

Of course this is all subjective, but when you're comparing boats, look at the usable space, lay-out, rigging, storage, amenities, fit and finish, durability, comfort, style ...etc.

Even the "little" things that experienced boaters appreciate like a usable windshield, the sliding cabin door, McLeod bolsters & footrests, easy bow access, anchor cabinet in the bow, lighting in the gunnel storage areas, shore power cord storage in the engine hatch (ingenious!), flip-out dash panel for easy access to your gauges ...etc.

THEN after you're done admiring all of this... take one for a ride!

Dave
Old 08-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perfect Storm
Formula might concede a few top-end mph's to Fountain, but in my opinion, nothing else. The FasTech is just such a perfectly designed and quality-engineered offshore boat, that I personally wouldn't consider anything else.

Of course this is all subjective, but when you're comparing boats, look at the usable space, lay-out, rigging, storage, amenities, fit and finish, durability, comfort, style ...etc.

Even the "little" things that experienced boaters appreciate like a usable windshield, the sliding cabin door, McLeod bolsters & footrests, easy bow access, anchor cabinet in the bow, lighting in the gunnel storage areas, shore power cord storage in the engine hatch (ingenious!), flip-out dash panel for easy access to your gauges ...etc.

THEN after you're done admiring all of this... take one for a ride!

Dave
Dave,

You should work in the sales and marketing group at Formula.

I feel the same way. I had a Powerquest buddy tell me the other day that a 34 Viper was twice the boat of Formula. Obviously he hasn't riden in a Formula. Not to mention that PQ is no longer in business......(tough if ya gotta dump it). But overall, as you mentioned, fit, finish,handling,rough water ride AND re-sale, are just a few of Formula's qualities.

I've decided that by next year this time (at the latest) I too, will be the proud owner of my many year sought after dream of a 353 w/525s........awsome dude..........just awsome.

Thanks for mentioning some of the additional Formula ammenaties I was not aware of..........dave (RR)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.