Formula guard...?

Notices
Formula

Formula guard...?

Old 09-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula guard...?

Formula guard warranty did not cover a DVD player that took a s h i t in my buddy's 05 382? Does it cover anything else?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:19 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the Formula guard coverage for 2005 models: http://www.formulaboats.com/download...l%20093004.pdf

and coverage for 2009 models: http://www.formulaboats.com/download...2009_Final.pdf
Old 09-16-2009, 06:45 AM
Registered

There are quite a few items actually that it DOES NOT cover..... I found that out this year when my CO2 sensor in the cabin died, along with the gas fumes indicator near the throttles also died. I would have thought that these two SAFETY items would have been covered.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree. The insurance company is very strict about what is covered. If it is not specifically identified as a covered item, good luck. Notice that it covers the radio and CD player, but no mention of a DVD player. Really is BS since a DVD player is a standard option. There is no excuse for not having safety items covered! Seems to me Formula needs to take a closer look at these policies to make sure we get the most coverage as possible.

I had a problem with the fuel pick-up in the fuel tank and both had to be replaced. Formula Guard did not cover it because it was not listed as a covered item. A couple phone calls to Formula customer service where I expressed my thoughts on this and they ended up taking care of it.

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 09-16-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Registered

I see, It also states the following...

Deductible- All repairs made under the Limited Warranty are subject to a
deductible per covered repair, per component group:
$25 Gas Engines
$100 Diesel - Accessories
$500 High Performance

Last edited by Back4More; 09-17-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Thru 2005 they used Passport.Pretty good coverage overall but there were some issues at times. 2006 model forward,Formula switched to SeaSafe,world of difference. Very easy to deal with.It would have covered your DVD. I filed a couple of SeaSafe claims today,paid me on the spot by credit card.BTW,Passport was bought by Brunswick,so it is actually now similar to Merc extended warranty,but there are still some gaps. Bottom line,if the part is not listed.it is not covered. But SeaSafe policy holders are in good shape.Passport policy holders are generally Ok,but to lesser extent.But hey,how many 4 1/2 year old brands have any coverage on anything?Just keeping it in perspective. A few weeks ago I replaced the stereo in a 353 that was 4 years,10 months old,with no questions asked.Also,the Seasafe warranty is $25 deductable across the board,no exceptions. The Passport $25,$100,$500 deduct was part of why Formula switched,cause PP changed the plan in midstream.

Last edited by Magicfloat; 09-16-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Thru 2005 they used Passport.Pretty good coverage overall but there were some issues at times. 2006 model forward,Formula switched to SeaSafe,world of difference. Very easy to deal with.It would have covered your DVD. I filed a couple of SeaSafe claims today,paid me on the spot by credit card.BTW,Passport was bought by Brunswick,so it is actually now similar to Merc extended warranty,but there are still some gaps. Bottom line,if the part is not listed.it is not covered. But SeaSafe policy holders are in good shape.Passport policy holders are generally Ok,but to lesser extent.But hey,how many 4 1/2 year old brands have any coverage on anything?Just keeping it in perspective. A few weeks ago I replaced the stereo in a 353 that was 4 years,10 months old,with no questions asked.Also,the Seasafe warranty is $25 deductable across the board,no exceptions. The Passport $25,$100,$500 deduct was part of why Formula switched,cause PP changed the plan in midstream.
In reading the 2009 list it made me wonder if Axius is covered? What would be your guess on that?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

My guess? Short answer-No.Long answer,it is not listed as covered,so it is not covered.When the SeaSafe plan was put together in 2005,Axius did not exist,so they could not list it. But it might be prudent to call Formula and ask.Your Axius will probrably fail at some point,and hopefully Merc will help you out past the warranty period,but who knows?If Seasafe had known about Axius,they would maybe have upped the cost to Formula to cover some future expensive problems,but i cannot fault them for not covering something they did not know about. They cover the supercharged motors,even the 700,but the supercharger itself is not covered.My view as a dealer is I wish they would drop the extended warranty.It causes hard feelings when owners expect it to be bow light to prop nut,and it is not. Some sales people play fast and loose with their promises,and it can come back to bite them.For instance,exhaust components are not covered,but can a salesman remember to tell the buyer? He thinks 5 years is 5 years,covers everything.We were a Donzi dealer when they discontinued their 5 year PP warranty,and it had no negative effect on sales,and it sure made my life easier.Sorry for the rant,but I spent all day today trying to resolve some warranty issues with 2 good customers that don't understand what is and is not covered.But you did ask an excellent question,thanks.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Registered

Thank you for taking the time to post info.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
A couple phone calls to Formula customer service where I expressed my thoughts on this and they ended up taking care of it.
BINGO!

I only had 4 or 5 issues and nothing major in the 5 years but had no problems getting them taken care of- listed as Passport covered or not.

Robert was in on one I'm sure he's forgotten, but I'll thank him again!

Last edited by Rippem; 09-17-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.