Formula 311

Notices
Formula

Formula 311

Old 11-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula 311

Hello everyone, I am pretty new here and just purchased my 1st Formula boat. It is an 88 311 and so far I am really impressed with the quality and the craftsmanship of my new boat. For being an older boat it sure seem's like Formula was on top of their game back then in comparison to some of the other makes.

The boat has fresh 454's with TRS drives. The cockpit interior is all new, cabin interior is good original condition. The dash has been completely redone with Gaffering guages and new controls. BUT as with all new toys it does have some items that need some extra attention . And i was looking for some input of places or maybe people here whom may have some items that i am looking to buy for my new toy.

1. Cabin door & hatch
2. Power hatch actuator
3. Silent thunder rear platform.
4. Stainless bow rails.
5. Owners manual.

If anyone here has any of those items for sale of has seen any for sale i would love the input. Thanks in advance and i look foward to talking with many of you here..

Adam V
Old 11-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to OSO Adam, and congrats on your new 311. There is tons of information here, especially info about 311s. Do some searches and you'll be amazed.

Originally Posted by theadamv1
1. Cabin door & hatch
I don't think these items are available any longer. Have to have them custom fabbed.
2. Power hatch actuator
Don't know about the actuators. They're pretty simple though, probably can be fixed.
There's a guy on here that has one for sale. I considered it as a spare but we never made the deal.
4. Stainless bow rails.
Bent? Gone? Tough one to find.
5. Owners manual.
Formula may be able to help with this. I don't think anyone would want to give up their manual. Really not much in it as far as the boat itself goes. Mostly engine info, gadget info. Nice to have though.

Adam V
Old 11-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Registered

Hello ThunderBird.

I contacted Formula on the door and they did refer me to a place that could fab one for me. But they advised me that they usually like to have the old (broken) one as a template... I have nothing..lol. Si I will prolly make a cardboard templet if need be. But would love to find a nice used one if poss..

I ahev done some looking in to the actuators also and i see there are all over the place, my biggest concern is that in a prev post here i saw where someone measured theres and said it took an 18" but mine measures 12". So is mine wrong, do i need a 12 or 18?

And hate to say yes the bow rails are gone, they were removed for a sleeker look per the prev owner (doop)
Old 11-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

thedamv1,
A good friend of mine has a BRAND NEW Silent Thunder platform for a 311. It was shipped new from the factory and never installed on his boat. It has the installation gaskets and hardware with it. All white gel coat. Let me know if you would be interested in it.
Nick
Old 11-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Registered

With the hatch actuator it may have had an extension on it from Formula. I contacted them and confirmed that, if you look at some ads of boats near the same year and length you may see it. I ended up getting a longer one and just eliminated the extension.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Registered

Hello everyone, I am pretty new here and just purchased my 1st Formula boat. It is an 88 311 and so far I am really impressed with the quality and the craftsmanship of my new boat. For being an older boat it sure seem's like Formula was on top of their game back then in comparison to some of the other makes.
Congrats on the 311. Yes, Formula was more on their game back in '88 than a lot of manufacturer's NEW boats are today. Enjoy it!
Old 11-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

post some pics
Old 11-18-2009, 07:49 AM
Registered

Spazboz , I sent you a PM on that platform..

Havent taken any pictures of it yet... Gonna get it all cleaned up and detailed before i take any..
Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

You can have the platform off of mine for very little $$$$. I have already removed the baffles from it.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

The boat has fresh 454's with TRS drives. The cockpit interior is all new, cabin interior is good original condition. The dash has been completely redone with Gaffering guages and new controls. BUT as with all new toys it does have some items that need some extra attention . And i was looking for some input of places or maybe people here whom may have some items that i am looking to buy for my new toy.

1. Cabin door & hatch
2. Power hatch actuator
4. Stainless bow rails.
5. Owners manual.

If anyone here has any of those items for sale of has seen any for sale i would love the input. Thanks in advance and i look foward to talking with many of you here..

Adam V
My 311 Silent Thunder Platform is available for sale as well. Excellent condition ready to mount.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.