Bolster seat conversion

Notices
Formula

Bolster seat conversion

Old 04-22-2002, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolster seat conversion

I put a thread over in tech, but thought I'd put a reference here too since it;s about my Formula bolsters. I'm looking for a way to convert the fixed lean-into bottoms to come up so I can actually sit when druising. Boat is a 1984 F-402 with stock Formula fixed-bottom bolsters.

Thanks - Greg
Old 02-20-2003, 02:12 AM
alj
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Greg,
any luck on this. I have an 85 F402 and am wondering the exact same thing. How about the mechanism from a mccleod bolster?
Thanks Al
Old 02-20-2003, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've looked at it but not done anything, and right now the boat has about 2 feet of snow on the deck so it will be a while. From my initial observations it looks like it would be doable, but the simplest way seems to be just build new bottm frames to accomodate the hinges and actuator and then cover them. "Converting" the existing bottom sections would be more difficult since they have the "tab" on the back that holds them on now. I have some age cracking starting on the drivers bolster bottom, so I'll probably need to get it recovered soon anyway.

I did discover that it is fairly easy to remove the molded panel that cover the back of the bolsters. This would give good access to the inside to install an actuator. I have several sources for custom travel small actuators (around $250 each).

Springs main project will be to get the graphics installed. They were designed last year, but we ran out of weather before I could arrange to get them put on (vinyl).

-Greg