Dana Marine Pro Flow mufflers are on! >

Dana Marine Pro Flow mufflers are on!

Notices
Formula

Dana Marine Pro Flow mufflers are on!

Old 08-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dana Marine Pro Flow mufflers are on!

I hated to tone it down but honestly needed it a little quieter for crusing the river. I ordered these from Dana Marine shipped for $360. They come with the carriage flapper system so you can slide them out from the back to replace the rubber flappers. They also have a lifetime warranty and are silent, no "ticking". In front of the flapper is the muffler system which Dana Marine calls a "vortex variable flapper". The tan rubber gasket seems pretty stiff, I'm guessing over time it will loosen up and possibly let out a little more sound. it looks like you could easily remove the gasket to replace or leave it out if you wanted more sound, but still less than an open tip.

What's nice is you can slide out the carriage flapper with two screws, then one screw on the baffle and you can slide that out to. You can leave the baffle out and reinstall the flapper and have open exhaust again, it would only take a couple minutes.

We went out yesterday and noticed it was quite a bit quieter at idle, you can now talk back and forth in the back seat when idling no wake speed. Getting on plane it was much more mellow and quiet and cruising also seemed much more mellow. Once WOT though it sounded nearly the same as no mufflers, I think the "vortex" flapper definately opens up at that point. In all I'm very happy! We often cruise the inland waterway between Burt lake and Mullet Lake here in northern MI and it's nearly an hour no wake booze cruise! Before it was nearly impossible to carry on a conversation in the back seat now it should be no problem. Top speeds were still exactly the same as open exhaust so I'm not finding any loss in power with the tips. Here's a couple pics, I need to redo my calking around the swim platform but at least you get to see what the tips look like on the boat.

View from rear with flapper open.

View from front.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those going on a 454? hows it sound?
Old 08-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep 454, I'll try and get some sound clips next time we're out. It's more mellow, definately doesn't have the big block rumble. Still sounds a little deeper than a small block though.