353 Aluminum Trailer

Notices
Formula

353 Aluminum Trailer

Old 08-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 353 Aluminum Trailer

Hey guys, I am buying a 353 and want to know who makes the best overall ( price and quality) aluminum trailer. I've owned Nextrail , Venture and South Florida and found them all to be good. Bunks will need to be built to spec. Is there a vendor that does a better job on that than others. It will get some use ( fresh only, but road miles ), so needs to be solid. The boat has an Eagle trailer that is in pretty good shape overall, but needs some rust bubbles refinished, etc. Awfully heavy. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if your in fresh water spend some money and refinish the eagle
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Manning .....

http://www.manningmarine.com/photogallery.html

As said though ..if the Eagle is serviceable . you wont find a better trailer ....

where you located ? ............m
Attached Thumbnails 353 Aluminum Trailer-4.jpg  
Old 08-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Registered

Mike, I'm in New England. The Eagle is nice, just shows bubbling and some rust thru the paint at the base of each cross member and a couple other places ( pads under the bunks, minor rust coloring on the springs). I know its a fresh only trailer, so this seems strange unless it is normal after 11 years. Use was very light . I am assuming it is serviceable and would seek to have the areas blasted and recoated. Have you seen this on other fresh only Eagles? Thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I could sell my Eagle Trailer, I would buy a Hi-Tech Marine aluminium trailer made especially for my 353. They can built it right for you.

http://www.aluminumboattrailer.com/
Old 08-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Racngrn
Mike, I'm in New England. The Eagle is nice, just shows bubbling and some rust thru the paint at the base of each cross member and a couple other places ( pads under the bunks, minor rust coloring on the springs). I know its a fresh only trailer, so this seems strange unless it is normal after 11 years. Use was very light . I am assuming it is serviceable and would seek to have the areas blasted and recoated. Have you seen this on other fresh only Eagles? Thanks
sounds to me like it has set over grass or a floor that gots damp. My bet is it's just surface rust.
Mine is always in a dry building and just for kicks spends the winter entirely over old sheets of particleboard as well as tires/brakes on/over wide planks. My rotors hardly get rusty...

A hammer at those critical locations will tell you alot.
clean it up and have it painted, or buff it up and touch it up.

since this thread I have added a custom 5 light ID bar to the back, bigger diam weatherstrip on the boxes (water tight now)
and a power jack.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/t...iler-redo.html
Old 08-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Registered

Nice job . I would love to be able to get it inside this winter to do that work, but no space to spare. What did you use for bunk wood? I have a piece that is tired and should be replaced. Thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

pine
Old 08-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered

Rippem, just noticed your avatar and it makes me long for my 292 painted in those graphics. It was the only 2004 done that way ( 2003 was the last year it was offered and I special ordered the paint. Even went to the factory while it was built and saw it in the spray booth. I lost it two years ago in a fire during storage. Was a great boat and it really scooted with the 6.2's. The 353's in that graphic are absolutely awesome.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Myco with electric over hydraulic on all three axles and love the trailer. Combined with the Chevy Duramax it is a great rig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.