Notices
Formula

Formula Dealers

Old 08-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Call Mike R. (810) 964-4847, he can take care of all of your Formula needs.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called Formula today and asked them how they expect any dealer to sell boats when The bank that financed legend marine is selling them fo 40 cents on the dollar.They said those don't have a warranty.My answer to them was 90k buys a lot of parts.
I am very unhappy about Robert no longer being with Formula.But he is probably better off as they have priced themselves right out of the market.
When this is all over the smaller builders will be the only ones left.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never really wanted to buy a new repo Formula, but I still searched nationwide and studied them, as they affect the market pricing structure. In the end, I purchased two lightly used Formula boats in the past year, all of them from a Formula dealer who had them in stock, non of them repo'd. For too many reasons to list but mainly due to the fact that boats really are not being given away, any $.40-45/dollar boats surely have weird issues (there is a reason some of these repo "dealers" don't answer all your questions), and any long time boater knows a service relationship with a dealer just cannot be overlooked. I would expect Formula to take care of the dealers who have been providing good service, so this thread has caught my attention.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by double_trouble
I never really wanted to buy a new repo Formula, but I still searched nationwide and studied them, as they affect the market pricing structure. In the end, I purchased two lightly used Formula boats in the past year, all of them from a Formula dealer who had them in stock, non of them repo'd. For too many reasons to list but mainly due to the fact that boats really are not being given away, any $.40-45/dollar boats surely have weird issues (there is a reason some of these repo "dealers" don't answer all your questions), and any long time boater knows a service relationship with a dealer just cannot be overlooked. I would expect Formula to take care of the dealers who have been providing good service, so this thread has caught my attention.
me too, Rob is second too none, there are a few Formula dealers that have a good rep, I also did a dealer search on the website, the closest one is

"Formula Boats Northeast

351 S Main St
Freeport, NY 11520
516 378-8700 ph.

So I guess Ivanic in cleveland is out too, maybe thats old news not sure, new to me I own either the first or second Formula Rob ever sold, and till this day his sticker is on the stern
Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Your boat is the 2nd Formula I ever sold,#1 is still here on Smith Lake.I'm surprised the sticker is still intact,thanks for sharing. Robert Nelems
Old 08-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered

The strange happenings with the dealer network has made everyone
a little crazy. I hope the outcome does not include the loss of more great dealers like Robert. A dealer network is absolutely necessary for customer care and service. He is a fine example of what it takes to keep loyal customers coming back time and again. I spoke with him yesterday and he is like most all us dealers, still think the Formula boat line is the best on the market. I guess we shall have to wait and see what the powers to be decide..........until then?
Capt. Steve Lemens
Glencove Marine
Lake of the Ozarks
Old 08-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=selpel;3196637]. A dealer network is absolutely necessary for customer care and service.

Is it I am not sure,as most dealers won't take trades or want them for nothing and service from most is marginal at best.Is it really worth the 30%+they are making on boats.Next one I am going direct if new.Any warranty issues send me the parts I will put them on myself.Or if its engines or drives there is only like 5k places we can go.

Just went into Formula's site Trenton is gone too.

Last edited by Expensive Date; 08-31-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Registered

Well i guess you must have been upset with your dealer by the way you talk. For that I am sorry, the shakeup will get rid of the less than desirable dealers out there. With their bad service and pricing structure they will be no great loss. I would love to see someone in the last 3 years make 30% on anything but I am willing to bet that aint happening. Times are tuff and it is a buyers market with all the repo boats out there, BUT they will be gone eventually and maybe that will help the used boat market grow stronger.
As I said in my last post the bad things happening to people like Robert and his customers is sad............
Capt. Steve
Old 08-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Registered

For what it is worth, my Wiconsin Formula dealer took a trade from me this summer and I know of other cases where they have taken trades this year, though I don't know if it has been easy for them to pull off. My Formula dealer has done a ton of service work, including getting the parts and figuring things out. I don't have time to monkey around with most of the small issues, even if the parts magically appeared in a big brown box at my slip with instructions on what to do. Also, unless my research was totally off, their margins are slim to negative. I know Formula has cut back production, the supply/demand situation will improve, it is just a matter of when.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Been in the business 44 years.If I could have made 30% I would have retired 25 years ago,LOL.It is a tough business.I tell my friends that I wish I had a son so I could forbid him to go into the boat business.Don't be concerned about us,we have some great boat lines that sell at a profit(wish it was 30%)This is a glitch in our plan,you get resilent in 44 years.We have been blessed with good employees,good customers,and good vendors. The Porters are the classiest folks in the industry,but they have to make changes like all of use. Thanks for the support,we are fine. Robert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.