Notices
Formula

Props

Old 09-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Get Away
What would a set of 26p 4 blade bravos do for the performance of my 311? Right now im turning 5100 rpm with 25p 3 blades and i see a steedy 68 and the best ive seen is 71. The power i have in the boat is merc 420s and trs drives. Im not particularly looking for top speed but thats always a plus, but if it increased my cruising speed would be even better. Thanks for the input.
Look up Bret At BBlades .... He helped me out with my 311 ... I told him what i was trying to accomplish and he gave a couple of ideas .... matter of fact he went as far as lending me the props I needed to try until I got the right ones all I was charged was shipping and when bought them it was taken off the bill. You can't lose with him.

He has 25+ yrs of Mercury R&D background then went out on his own.
Great customer service!

Good Luck !!!

Jeff
Old 09-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Bravo1 28" pitch 4 blade brand new for sale if anybody needs one,cheap
Old 09-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Car Biz
What he is getting at is a TRS 80's Formula has the drives so deep in the water that it takes alotof power to turn a 4 blade that deep.

What about standard 25 mirage+ 3 blades?
After this weekend i know exactly what he is talking about. I couldn't turn those 26's past 3600 rpm and getting up on plan took me for ever. My cruising speed was up a few mph, so need less to say ill be putting my 25 back on.