292 Fastech Questions >

292 Fastech Questions

Notices
Formula

292 Fastech Questions

Old 09-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running the "old" blue Merc Racing 377 Scorpion.

My top note so far is 77mph with 2 passengers and 1/2 fuel.
This is in a sweet water lake and according to a respectable source I would probably see a few more mph if running salt water at sea level. Perhaps even 80 which would be above my expectations on this boat for sure.

One thing I've noted is that it is very sensitive regarding the surface of the water. In flat water I've almost never seen above 73mph yet I've never ever regardless of load been unable to run 72. As soon as there are 2ft chops she's right up at 75.

Not sure if this summer will make for any testing in salt water though, but I'm very excited to try it on.

I'm also considering changen the stock exaust manufolds to GIL manifolds and risers, and dropping the Silent Thunder.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Registered

I have 2002 with 377 scorpion and running 30 pitch bravo 1 four blades. It is taking to long to plane off with 4 people and a full tank of gas with trim tabs all the way down. Has any body tried using a 28 pitch with success. Currently running 74 on GPS. THANKS
Old 09-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

I have 350 mags in mine and spin 28's and it is slow out of the hole. A friend with the same boat and set up as me spins 26's and is a hair better out of the hole but not enough to make me drop down as well. These boats are just heavy and it will take a little longer to get going.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boz251
I have 2002 with 377 scorpion and running 30 pitch bravo 1 four blades. It is taking to long to plane off with 4 people and a full tank of gas with trim tabs all the way down. Has any body tried using a 28 pitch with success. Currently running 74 on GPS. THANKS
What RPM at WOT. It maybe too much prop but the only way I feel you can really make it better is to get weight off of the rear.Changing my exhaust was a big improvment.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

agreed...we are slow out of the hole. abnormally slow with noticeable bow rise...i guess thats the nature of the beast

once on plane, it is quick to get up to 50-60 mph

we have ran 68 with 4 people and half tank of gas. gps verified of course.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Registered

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/8...video/17121069

Mines much better five people and full fuel.

And it really was not that rough my daughter needs to get better holding the camera.

Last edited by Expensive Date; 09-10-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
What RPM at WOT. It maybe too much prop but the only way I feel you can really make it better is to get weight off of the rear.Changing my exhaust was a big improvment.
Do you think the exhaust improvenent was due to weight loss or getting rid of flow restistance?

My primary reason for removing the ST is estetic, and I'm planning to build my own Gibson Bullet replicas this winter. Any speed improvenent will be a bonus.

Of course the speed numbers are GPS.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered

I may have picked up some HP mid range but the main improvement is 270lbs is off the rear of the boat.It even rides better.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Registered

I've actually never ran the ST with the plugs installed, so I don't think I will loose that much weight compared to normal. I didn't get the plugs with the boat, they were probably stored away since it was winterized when I imported her, and I haven't bothered to get new ones.

However, it would be really nice to get some performance numbers ahead getting rid of it.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Berglund
I've actually never ran the ST with the plugs installed, so I don't think I will loose that much weight compared to normal. I didn't get the plugs with the boat, they were probably stored away since it was winterized when I imported her, and I haven't bothered to get new ones.

However, it would be really nice to get some performance numbers ahead getting rid of it.

I did not have silent choice,but the difference between the cast iron vs aluminum manifolds and risers is 270lbs.Thats the weight savings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.