242 ls just found soft floor

Notices
Formula

242 ls just found soft floor

Old 09-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 242 ls just found soft floor

I was doing some work on my boat and I noticed my passenger seat bolts to the floor were backing out. I pulled off the top of the seat to tighten the the floor mount and when I stepped to where the back of the seat is I felt it it give an d heard a cracking sound. One screw wont tighten its stripped so I know I have issues. Im afraid that if I cut up the floor I it will never see water again and I cant get myself to pay a shop to repair unless it would be under $1000 but thats doubtful. Do I have any options that dont involve cutting out the fiberglass floor? One thought was cutting in an access port where the soft spot is but I dont know if that would allow me enough room to resupport the area. I dont know what direction to go in
Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You can probably get some one to do that one area for a grand if you remove the interior. I would think if you look around in your area. The problem is if that one side is messed up then it is likely you have other issues. Good luck.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it just foam between it or is it wood under the fiberglass if the floor comes up I think your right there will be other issues. I love this thing and I would hate to part it out but I cant put a couple thousand into fixing floor issues on a boat thats only worth 7500, but its paid for so I guess I have some calling around to do
Old 09-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Glass on top, 3/4" plywood, Glass (I think). You may (Should) have a metal plate that is glassed in there as well under it all. If you check out my stringer repair thread you will see the location that I cut mine. It made it so that any repairs did nto have to be 100% perfect because it was all covered up and also made it so that I did not have to fix the non skid (can get expensive). You will see the steps that I took to fix mine.