upgrades to my 2006 292 >

upgrades to my 2006 292

Notices
Formula

upgrades to my 2006 292

Old 10-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boat looks great,not sure what I am doing but if the right deal comes along will make a move.If I have it a few more years may just put the 350hp 383s in.Sunday was rough was going to pull off the lift but was to windy.
You guys should have waited one more week and run the hudson with us this Sunday its so nice up there.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to keep the boat for a while, with the economy being the way it is and the fact that the trade in would kill me I figured keep the boat. My monthly payment is just so cheap it would not be right to sell it. besides i bought the boat new . Would like to get the 353 with 525"s but I just bought a second home so that is out of the question. That is why I figured just upgrde this on. Installing the new motors made it feellike a totally different boat. I will tell you , there are some great deals out there if you do not have a boat and are looking for one.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turboz67
I decided to keep the boat for a while, with the economy being the way it is and the fact that the trade in would kill me I figured keep the boat. My monthly payment is just so cheap it would not be right to sell it. besides i bought the boat new . Would like to get the 353 with 525"s but I just bought a second home so that is out of the question. That is why I figured just upgrde this on. Installing the new motors made it feellike a totally different boat. I will tell you , there are some great deals out there if you do not have a boat and are looking for one.

Yeah for the guy with no boat its great right now.I might do something similar to what you did but will wait a couple of years.I will probably be in something else by then but if not will do it one winter.I really don't know what I want probably a 36 Pantera or a 38 Fountain.Was thinking about a 35 Fountain but was tied up next to one in AC a few weeks ago and its not much bigger than our 29s.Would still think about one but I want blue motors.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking really good turbo67. Just watched the video. Very cool and sounds good too.

I think I read you are planning on adding hydraulic steering this winter. You will really love the way it drives after that addition.

btw, what props/rpm are you running?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Yeah for the guy with no boat its great right now.I might do something similar to what you did but will wait a couple of years.I will probably be in something else by then but if not will do it one winter.I really don't know what I want probably a 36 Pantera or a 38 Fountain.Was thinking about a 35 Fountain but was tied up next to one in AC a few weeks ago and its not much bigger than our 29s.Would still think about one but I want blue motors.
Just looking at the boats for sale that are out there, some of the deals are almost to good to pass up. I have a friend that has a 35 lightning with 525's and he runs always in the upper 90's. he has imco shorties, clever props etc.. If I ever go up in size i would go to a 353 with the 525's. Formula has an incredible deal on a 353 with 600's that has very, very low hrs on it. The problem with getting rid of a boat is th beating that you take . Also the days of low rate financing for boat loans make it difficult now to. I'm self employed they put me thru the ringer when I went for the loan on the second house, now the banks went to the other extreme, they do not want to lend money.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Looking really good turbo67. Just watched the video. Very cool and sounds good too.

I think I read you are planning on adding hydraulic steering this winter. You will really love the way it drives after that addition.

btw, what props/rpm are you running?
the props are the stock 28 labs that came with the boat, I sent them out to bblades, they recupped them and refinished them so I can get the motors up close to 6000rpm's. The motors run at a high rpm so I had to recup the blades. Bblades was thinking I might have to go down a size. The ocean led's are pretty cool, a couple of friends that have formulas got me into running the boat at night, they are very experienced boaters so they showed me the ropes. They also got me into the led's . Everylight on the boat is now an led .

Last edited by turboz67; 10-05-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by turboz67
boat ran 69 to 70on the gps, now i run 80with full tank of fuel and 3 people on board. the led is a ocean led A12. i believe the cost was 750.00. My friend got it for me, hehas them on his 29pc . Him and his dad gave me the idea , his dad has 312 fastech and he has the led's also
Looks good Tony. The LEDs are definitely a worthy upgradde for night boaters and people that dock in marinas it gives the boat a up to date look. My boat is a 26pc btw.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Registered

Nice
Old 10-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Registered

Hey Tony the boat looks great , did alot of interior upgrades on my 353 this year also , wanna do led lights in the cockpit , did you ? and where else did you change to LEDS ? Hope all is well , John
Old 10-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by I.D.C.E.
Looks good Tony. The LEDs are definitely a worthy upgradde for night boaters and people that dock in marinas it gives the boat a up to date look. My boat is a 26pc btw.
Sorry Tom, about that hit the nine instead of the six. A big thanks to you and your dad . You guys got me out there at night and showed me alot about boating at night and all the safety that goes with it. We did a lot of boating this past summer .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.