400SS salon drawer fix !!!

Notices
Formula

400SS salon drawer fix !!!

Old 10-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400SS salon drawer fix !!!

Just thought I would see if anyone out there has the same complaint that a few of my customer brought to my attention. From 1999 to mid year 2008 the 400SS had a very large drawer under the sink. The slide ass. worked OK but the drawer would soon break the slide and shoot out into the salon floor. You can tell when the slide is going to break as the drawer will not stay latched. I have come up with a cure for this problem and would be glad to share it with the Formula 400SS owners.
The repair does not take long and has worked great but as I am a hunt and peck person it may take awhile to get it posted I will also post photos to help complete the repair.
So sing out if you are having this problem while I get the repair post ready............Capt. Steve
Old 10-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Registered

Steve,

find any info out for me? Never heard from you this weekend..?

Thx,
Matt
Old 10-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine opens up a few times only in rough water, but have never fell to the floor??
Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Mine opens also in rough water, but only if i have heavy stuff in it which i normally do.
never fallen off though
Old 10-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Same here...........opened up a couple times but never fallen out onto the floor.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by h20 toie
Mine opens also in rough water, but only if i have heavy stuff in it which i normally do.
never fallen off though
Thats where we keep the Grey Goose and Patron bottles as well as some cleaning supplies......
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Registered

What?! Theres a drawer that opens during rough water rides.
Thats it, Im looking for a different boat.
I don't want my boxer shorts falling out onto the floor.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
What?! Theres a drawer that opens during rough water rides.
Thats it, Im looking for a different boat.
I don't want my boxer shorts falling out onto the floor.
WHOA!...............Way to much information !!!

Hope to get the photos of the repair tomorrow....
Capt. Steve
Old 10-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Registered

Thanks Capt. Steve.
BTW... I spoke with you for a few minutes while a friend closed on his 382. Great operation you have down there.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Registered

The fix for popping open...........

To repair the drawer we need to insert a bolt thru the access hole (photo#2) and continue thru the slide and come out the rectangle slot (photo#3) located on the back of the slider.

We start by moving the slide in and out watching the access hole until we see the rectangle slot in the back of the slide. This will take some time to align but be patience.

Once you can see the rectangle slot thru the smaller hole stop moving the drawer. You will now need to make the smaller hole on the internal slide large enough for the bolt to go thru it and the drawer. You will need a cordless drill and 5/16ths bit to start the process. Using the drill and bit enlarge the smaller in the internal slider to allow access to rectangle slot. Once completed we need to change the drill bit to 11/64ths for the final drilling operation. With the drawer in position we now drill a 11/64ths hole thru the rectangle hole and continue thru the drawer. With this completed we can insert the bolt
thru the enlarge hole and rectangle slot into the drawer.

The bolt we will be using is an 8X32X3/4 inch Phillips oval head. We use this so the head will NOT affect drawer operation. The nut we use is a nylock with plastic insert. Make sure to use a washer on the inside of the drawer to give a large contact area. Once the bolt is inserted and washer and nylock nut installed the first side is completed. Repeat process on the other side of the drawer to complete the repair.

Once we have completed the repair check drawer lock for correct alignment and this should stop the drawer from popping out. By anchoring the rear of the drawer with thru bolts we take away the leverage of the weight of the drawer.

Questions please contact me at 573-216-4392…………..Capt. Steve
Attached Thumbnails 400SS salon drawer fix !!!-drawer-1.jpg   400SS salon drawer fix !!!-drawer-2.jpg