242 Hook Removal?

Notices
Formula

242 Hook Removal?

Old 11-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts
Default 242 Hook Removal?

I posted this question a while ago but I think everyone was boating and not on OSO. So I'm going to post this question again... Has anyone removed some or all of the hook formula put on the 242's? This is a mod I'm thinking about doing if its worth while. I'm having a hell of a time getting my bow out of the water. Even at 64 I've got too much boat in the water IMO. I'm thinking about adding more cup to my prop but it makes more sence to work on what is causeing the issue, those damn hooks!

Also on my boat 242 ls and my past 242 ss, they both have a "crease" about 1/3 of the way from the transom that is maybe 6" long and 1/8" deep on both sides. It seem like a mold flaw but they were in both boats. Is this something I should fill and fair out? Seems like it would cause suction. I'll try and post some pics later today.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

[YOUTUBE]formula242ls[/YOUTUBE]I do remember some talk about this I don`t think you will gain much, I thought another Formula owner did this with not much success. I `m using a bravo 1 four blade and seems to carry the nose ok. It may be easier to chang props or rework them.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I tried a Mirage Plus on my 311 the end of the season and it was a HUGE difference between the regular Mirage that I ussually use. Do they have hook or rocker? I know the 302 and 311's and I think the 357's have rocker so that they will work well with the Kaama drives.