Glencove Marine Formula Boats, Lake of the Ozarks

Notices
Formula

Glencove Marine Formula Boats, Lake of the Ozarks

Old 11-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glencove Marine Formula Boats, Lake of the Ozarks

After speaking with all parties concerned I am deeply sadden to make the following announcement,

After a 23 year alliance with Formula Boats, we have made the decision to step aside as their dealer for many reasons. Following in the footsteps of other Formula dealers before us, we are moving on to our next chapter. We are one of the best Marina's at the Lake of the Ozarks with a top notch service dept, outgoing brokerage/sales manager, knowledgeable salesmen, great gas dock, calm water slip rentals and of course.... SEA DOO products! Be sure to let us know what we can do to make your time at the lake the best that it can be and if you have any questions, send me an email ([email protected]) or ask Captain Steve. See you at the lake!! Sherry & the Glencove Team

I have been associated with Formula boats for over 30 years and have came to respect them as the best built boat on the market. The economy the last few years, has indeed hurt both the new and used boat market. The used market has seen a good recovery this year and only looks to get better. We are having a great year considering the economy and have put more new 2011 Formulas on the water than anyone in the USA. Our sales departments and service tech`s Formula product knowledge is second to no one in the industry and we will continue to service all our friends and customers new and used Formulas with the care they are accustom to. I hope with this forums blessing to continue trying to help current and new Formula boat owners solve problems that arise. Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have as I will try and stay current on Formula boats in the coming years. We cannot control or change what has happened yesterday, we only can only look to tomorrow and how we can help ourselves, our families and our great customers...............

Capt. Steve Lemens Glencove Marine 573-216-4392
Old 11-12-2010, 09:16 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I had heard from a competitor that they were going factory direct.......unfortunate as it seemed one of the few brands above doing something like that.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
I had heard from a competitor that they were going factory direct.......unfortunate as it seemed one of the few brands above doing something like that.
Yea we all have seen what happens with factory direct!......
Old 11-13-2010, 08:24 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Wow! Capt. Steve sorry to hear about the break up with Formula. That is big unexpected news.
It sure is troubling of late to hear that Formula is disconnecting from so many of it's reputable dealers. If they do take the road of factory direct how will warranty and other service be provided after the sale?
Old 11-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by J.B. Marshall
Wow! Capt. Steve sorry to hear about the break up with Formula. That is big unexpected news.
It sure is troubling of late to hear that Formula is disconnecting from so many of it's reputable dealers. If they do take the road of factory direct how will warranty and other service be provided after the sale?
Thank you JB for your concern. As I stated our tech`s and sales staff are second to no one when it comes to Formula product knowledge and we are not going anywhere. We will continue the service we have provided in the past to all current and future Formula boat owners.........
Capt. Steve
Old 11-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by selpel
Thank you JB for your concern. As I stated our tech`s and sales staff are second to no one when it comes to Formula product knowledge and we are not going anywhere. We will continue the service we have provided in the past to all current and future Formula boat owners.........
Capt. Steve
Does continue to service also mean that you will continue to be authorized to perform warranty work? If not it makes me wonder how Foramula plans to honor their warranties in a direct sales model.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Can anyone confirm they are going factory direct? A few weeks ago they did have "Late summer" discount pricing on their website. Didn't Robert Nelems state he was in negotiations with Formula to stay a dealer?
Old 11-14-2010, 05:59 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by kjm5125
Can anyone confirm they are going factory direct? A few weeks ago they did have "Late summer" discount pricing on their website. Didn't Robert Nelems state he was in negotiations with Formula to stay a dealer?
Just like selpel, he's has been "let go".
Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Registered

I had a feeling this was coming. I think Formula is making BIG mistakes... they are losing all of their backing from all of the best dealers in the country.

I just bought a used Formula, and this concerns me. I think the management at Thunderbird needs to really think about what they are doing.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Registered

Just like selpel, he's has been "let go".
Yea.....In hindsight when Nelems started talking about it I should have seen it coming......Capt. Steve

I am sorry I should have stated above that I do not know Roberts situation with Formula at this time. But I meant I should have seen the dealer network situation that was brewing.

Robert, please accept my apology for the above misstatement on your situation with Formula...........Capt. Steve

Last edited by selpel; 11-14-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: misstatement of knowledge!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.