Drive Showers >

Drive Showers

Notices
Formula

Drive Showers

Old 11-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

^^^ sorry but $150 is my cutoff for $30 worth of material and $30 worth of development and testing per every shower sold...
Old 11-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
I went with Latham since the hydraulic steering plates on top of the drive already had the threaded hole for the shower fitting. You do have to drill through the cavitation plate to mount the pick-up. They provide a template to make sure you drill it in the proper location. Not that tough, just measure twice and drill once! I think the Latham showers have a clean look and do a good job.
These are the ones I want to get. If you have the Latham steering it is a must because the drive mount covers the top of the gear housing. By using the latham kit (or the Hardin knock off for Latham) it will force the water between the drive mount and upper gear housing which is exactly what you want. If you use a standard setup it won't hit the top of the drive at all.

What is a bit odd on your setup is the Latham steering but different tie bar. My Donzi is all integrated Latham.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are the only ones that work
Old 11-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
What is a bit odd on your setup is the Latham steering but different tie bar. My Donzi is all integrated Latham.
Actually the tie bar set-up is Latham, or at least the mounts are engraved 'Latham'. It was factory installed at Formula. I think they went with this set-up because the steering cylinders are mounted between the outdrives. Or maybe because the top of the outdrives get pretty close to the bottom of the swim platform in the full up position not leaving much room to mount at the plates(?). Dunno, but I sure love how she drives with hydraulic steering!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually the tie bar set-up is Latham, or at least the mounts are engraved 'Latham'. It was factory installed at Formula. I think they went with this set-up because the steering cylinders are mounted between the outdrives. Or maybe because the top of the outdrives get pretty close to the bottom of the swim platform in the full up position not leaving much room to mount at the plates(?). Dunno, but I sure love how she drives with hydraulic steering!
That's a Formula thing. Most use the tiebar with the cap brackets.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moses0324
i have been looking for a while...no product on the market fits my needs. i wanted the simreks but contacted the company and sent a picture of my setup...he said they would have to be custom made to wrap around the latham ext steering brackets...at 210 a piece i think ill do without for now.

i dont want to have to drill my cav plates. anyone have any ideas? sorry for the thread jack.

to the OP look into latham showers, rex marine, simrek, and wicked marine. imco also makes some similar to latham.

just be careful what you buy yourself into...like i mentioned some require cav plate drilling and others flat out dont fit with ext steering hardware.
simrek halo

Last edited by Baja_342; 11-19-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

simrek halo
i sent the owner of simrek a picture of my setup and said the halo's would not clear my latham steering brackets.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I like it too, except when docking it gets a bit tough sometimes. like there isn't enough pressure in the pumps.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Do I understand that the "cap style" don't do much good?
Old 01-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Registered

The holes on the top of my latham brackets are not tapped. Why is that? I guess I cant install the drive shower hose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.