Drive Showers >

Drive Showers

Notices
Formula

Drive Showers

Old 01-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

the only shower that i can use is the latham shower...this is due to the hydraulic steer setup. it is less effective than the simrek showers which cool the entire outer casing just not the top.

yes, formula makes it difficult to setup any shower aside from the kind that involve braided steel wires and pickups through the cav plate. damn steering brackets.

the top of the bravo drives should be tapped to allow for easy installation.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by augie58
Do I understand that the "cap style" don't do much good?
That is not my experience. I boat on the river and will make 20-30 mile stretch runs at 50+mph all the time. Prior to putting on the Latham showers (see post #4) the drives would get hot enough to get the grey/chaulky hard water deposits. I also noticed the gear lube would turn a little dark and have a bit of a burnt smell. After installing the showers no more chaulk and when it is time to change the gear lube it still looks and smells like new.

Like I said in an earlier post, I hung off the back when my boat was on plane and the drives are getting soaked! Yes, water sprays out the side between the Latham plate and drive cap, but water is also running down all sides of the drive.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I've had several styles on my boats. Simrek halos work the best, but the chrome cap styles also work. I also think the Simrek halos are the least attractive, and the chromed cap style ones look better.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
That is not my experience. I boat on the river and will make 20-30 mile stretch runs at 50+mph all the time. Prior to putting on the Latham showers (see post #4) the drives would get hot enough to get the grey/chaulky hard water deposits. I also noticed the gear lube would turn a little dark and have a bit of a burnt smell. After installing the showers no more chaulk and when it is time to change the gear lube it still looks and smells like new.

Like I said in an earlier post, I hung off the back when my boat was on plane and the drives are getting soaked! Yes, water sprays out the side between the Latham plate and drive cap, but water is also running down all sides of the drive.
I have some spare AN stainless line and fittings, I could cook up something like this for maybe $20.

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-11572...ve-shower.aspx

That's basically it, right? 1/2" npt at the top plate, and a through fitting with a pickup tube? Might make a good weekend project.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

^^^pretty much...i am looking into retrofitting my own drive showers too.