382 Glovebox help

Notices
Formula

382 Glovebox help

Old 01-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 382 Glovebox help

Ive been on 2 382's this summer and the gloveboxes on both boats (my boat and another) were broken.

After looking at mine im honestly not sure how the freak its sapose to be setup. There was alot of redneck-ification done inside the glovebox for hinges it looks.

Does anyone have pics of their glovebox and how the door attaches? Or is this just a common fomula issue?

If the weather gets above freezing this weekend im going to get out there and take some pics of all the lil issues i have to figure out before she goes back in the water.
Thanks!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Registered

If you are talking about the latch......the installation is CRAP. I've never had hinge problems but have had to fix the latch area quite a few times.......and even still it is currently "unlatchable".
Old 01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

i dont have hinges or anything. mine just kinda lays there. its already fallen off and chipped a couple of times. The whole thing just looks very poorly thought out.

Do you mind grabing some pics of the way its hinged?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Registered

Mine has hinges but they are loose fitting and crap. Latch is broken and I am wanting to replace it. The rattling makes me crazy! I called Formula TAG but they won't call me back! They have been great in the past but I am not having much luck. I will get you a photo when I get home today of the hinge. If you get a part number for the latch please pm me.

Also It would be great if someone would make the lid in Billet!!!!!!!!!
Sean

Last edited by sdodson1; 01-21-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 01-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

The later 382's changed to a aluminum extrusion. It is not retrofittable due to dash fiberglass changes.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
The later 382's changed to a aluminum extrusion. It is not retrofittable due to dash fiberglass changes.
Bummer!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Registered

thanks for get'n the pics.... Im waiting for a call back for some other stuff. ill see if they can get me part numbers for what we both need!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The fiberglass lid on early 382's was very expensive to make, as it was two molded parts that had to be joined together and then re-gelcoated and hand finished. If it is truly broken, your best bet might be to create a new one out of plexiglass or lexan. The hinge setup? Well, that was never really up to Formula standards...
Old 01-22-2011, 04:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to a local plastics shop and made a new on that fits better and holds up to almost anything but fat chicks:
Attached Thumbnails 382 Glovebox  help-stellings-002.jpg   382 Glovebox  help-stellings-003.jpg  
Old 01-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Registered

Mine was cracking down the center thru the hinge mount holes. I ground it out reglassed the crack area then re gel coated it. turned out nice. the reason it was cracking the golve box lid has no center support on the outside edge, so i added a fiberglassed a support in the center of the lid on the oppening side. So when you stepped on it, the outside edge of the lid has center support. it does not bend with 200+ lbs on it. Also it tightend up the hinge screw holes so the hinges operated better.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.