Notices
Formula

New Owner Formula 382 Fastech Needs Good Advice

Old 05-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Digitalformula
Thanks Guys For all replays Im running 502 with 415hp 230hours its a one Owner boat previous owner said that it goes 68-69mph max and cruise at 45-46mph. i have last work sheets of what was done to the boat recently So if you gus can look at them and tell me if its good or bed or regular stuff that goes bad on thoes models? First thing i will do when ill get the boat in the water sometimes next week is to how to Dock this thing cause its freekin Long;P
and ofcourse how to twin screw this beast
I hope it will bring me alot of joy running it on a nice days.
ill post some pic next week and in another couple weeks ill get the new dash and gauges!!! The old VDO sucks!
on the top speed...65 MAX tweaked right in on a light load and with a tail wind. I had a 303 SR1 with the same power, much smaller and lighter with labbed props, MAX 72.

As for the engines, they are one of the best stock motors you can get! No need to do the valve springs on the 502 mpi until 600 or so hours. They did not have a roller valve train, so there was much less failure. Good luck with your new boat!

Dave
Old 05-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as docking....

Ive run some big boats and small boats of my buddies and i am by no means an expert. I can say that the 382 is AWESOME at the dock. Slow and easy is the key and just use the drives to steer it. I was intimidated by it first time out but it ended up being so easy!

congrats again! If you have any questions on stuff gimme a shout, i have torn mine completely apart and am in the process of putting it all back together. Its been one hella of a crash course!