Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Looking to sell my formula - Any idea what its worth? >

Looking to sell my formula - Any idea what its worth?

Notices
Formula

Looking to sell my formula - Any idea what its worth?

Old 06-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to sell my formula - Any idea what its worth?

Hey guys.. I picked up an 83 21' Formula Thunderbird. It was a good friend of mines fathers who had passed away last year. Its a florida boat, used in salt water, but always ran in the lake after, and fully washed down. It was sitting outside for the past year though, and really needs some TLC. I do not have a trailer for it. The front interior needs some carpet on the floor, but all the cusions are in decent shape. The exterior needs 2 front seats and reapolster for the sun deck and rear seat. The boat has a bb 454 in it that runs good. Carburetor needs an accellerator pump. The outdrive is an alpha in decent shape. I have had the boat out on greenwood lake a few times. We were running 58 by my phone. Motor has some work done to it. It did have all the paperwork, but my friend couldnt find any of it, so I couldnt tell you exactly what was done, or how much hp and all. It does have a cam, apparently roller rockers, holley carb, manifolds with chrome exhaust. The boat sounds awesome. Outside of the boat isnt in bad shape at all. I have all the covers, snap on, full boat cover, and bimini top. I don't have time or money to put into it, and I'm trying to sell everything asap as I have a friends Crownline i'd love to buy. Any idea of asking price? Is it worth it to put an interior in it before selling it? Thanks guys!!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Without documentation or a trailer I think you would do well to get $3k out of it. More than likely the best you'll do is about $2500 and that would be generous.

The general public that doesn't know boats won't touch anything that's not turn key.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Registered

Well to be honest, I'd be more than happy with 2,000. It would cover the trip which is what I wanted, and than some. The mechanic down at the marina might even have the accelerator pump parts, so the boat when sold will be a decent running boat. No turn key boat ready to be enjoyed in the condition, however, a great project. I really love the style of the boat as well. Just times are tough right now, and I cant afford everything.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boaterdude83
Well to be honest, I'd be more than happy with 2,000. It would cover the trip which is what I wanted, and than some. The mechanic down at the marina might even have the accelerator pump parts, so the boat when sold will be a decent running boat. No turn key boat ready to be enjoyed in the condition, however, a great project. I really love the style of the boat as well. Just times are tough right now, and I cant afford everything.
Send pics to [email protected]...I might be interested.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Registered

Ill get down to the marina this week and get some updated pictures for you. Also the boat may be coming with a tandem galvanized roller trailer. Originaly it came with a light weight alluminum I-beam trailer. That trailer needs a springs and an axle. The rear springs and axle are brand new. I can also get that trailer back.

Last edited by boaterdude83; 06-13-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Incomplete info
Old 06-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Can anyone tell me how to upload pics to this site? Do they have to be hosted somewhere else? Thanks!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by boaterdude83
Can anyone tell me how to upload pics to this site? Do they have to be hosted somewhere else? Thanks!
without a membership you need to use photbucket or some other outside website for hosting.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Registered

I posted the boat on ebay for anyone looking for pics of it. Perhaps I started with 3500 figuring it would bring in somewhere around a fair amount. Formula