419 Fastech in classifieds

Notices
Formula

419 Fastech in classifieds

Old 07-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 419 Fastech in classifieds

Anyone know how well the 41 fastech's run with trip 500 efi's?

Looks like a nice boat, love the paint. Don't see many steped 41's.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o38504-en.html
Old 07-06-2011, 11:16 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks to be in pretty good condition for the year and jmo it's a plus that it has EFI's. I lalso like the side graphics but the top deck is to plain.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Always said I'd never own a boat with trips, but man this one looks nice for the $.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 314joey
Always said I'd never own a boat with trips, but man this one looks nice for the $.
I've always said the same. Funny though, I have talked to several owners of trips, and they all say they would not go back to twins. Does anyone know how insurance would compare to a 382 of the same value with 525's or 600's? I know insurance dings you hard with that extra engine.

As we look at bigger boats, I have been wondering if 3 stock motors would be less headache than 2 HP motors. My gut says that 3 lower HP motors would be much easier on drives, etc.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I think the insurance is going to be more concerned about "how fast", would love to know what kind of number this thing puts up speed wise, anyone know.
I know that the stock 502s - 525s are pretty much bullet proof, unless you're just a speed freak.
This boat is set-up to take some rough water, not to set any speed records, would be sweet at LOTO.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Registered

I bet it might touch 80? Just a guess based on HP and weight with the fastech hull.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

I looked at this boat before this last owner bought it in florida. Checked for insurance: more expensive because of higher risk on drives when hitting or stealing. lower resale value because of that, insurance, and, cost of gas. the weight of the third engines and drag of 3rd drive in water slows the boat pretty much, compared to newer higher HP reliable engines and drive package. also add the fact that 3 drives in the transom, makes a big % of holes in the transom, making the transom to be weak compared to twins, sometimes creating delamination even on newer boat, because of torque created by power and torsion of transom. even with all negative side mentionned, my heart would still want to own one of those. there was another one in sarasota that sold for 75k no trailer, 2 years ago... I'm effraid 99 is still too high today... good luck on your purchase!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

by the way, in sarasota, it was a 2000 or 2001...
Old 07-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
I looked at this boat before this last owner bought it in florida. Checked for insurance: more expensive because of higher risk on drives when hitting or stealing. lower resale value because of that, insurance, and, cost of gas. the weight of the third engines and drag of 3rd drive in water slows the boat pretty much, compared to newer higher HP reliable engines and drive package. also add the fact that 3 drives in the transom, makes a big % of holes in the transom, making the transom to be weak compared to twins, sometimes creating delamination even on newer boat, because of torque created by power and torsion of transom. even with all negative side mentionned, my heart would still want to own one of those. there was another one in sarasota that sold for 75k no trailer, 2 years ago... I'm effraid 99 is still too high today... good luck on your purchase!
Those are all valid points, I'm not really in the market right this second, but we are starting to look for a boat with more room for next season. Requirements are a shower, heat / air, and a genny. Most performance boats this size have either trips, or big twins (i.e. 43 Nortech).

We really enjoy taking long trips in the boat, and I am trying to decide if the security of the third engine is worth the extra fuel, maintenance and insurance. My gut tells me it's not, but I really hate long idles home when stupid things break.

Most of the 419's I've seen for sale have older carb HP500's or 525's and are straight bottoms. Kind of cool to see a fastech with 500 efi's.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Does anyone know how insurance would compare to a 382 of the same value with 525's or 600's? I know insurance dings you hard with that extra engine.
I looked at a couple 419s before I bought my 382 Poker Run Special. At the time, my insurer who I have been with all my life (State Farm) would not insure a triple engine boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.