2006 292 - New Top Speed

Notices
Formula

2006 292 - New Top Speed

Old 10-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
...on a side note to the thread, once you guys in cold parts of the country put one up for the winter...is that it until spring?

Love a 292 BTW...seems to be a good fit for many types of conditions. They tear the Atlantic up in 3'~5' seas
For me, that's it until spring. Even with a heated garage there would be a LOT of down time between any lucky warm days we may have. Wouldn't want to have the engines sitting that long not fogged. Plus the water around here gets hard deep into winter. Just part of boating around here having to sit out 4-5 months. Makes you appreciate it that much more, not to mention saving some gas money for the next season!

As for 3'-5's in my 292... Not sure how it would handle the ocean swells, but say Lake Erie 3'-5's would not be fun. Mine is the newer 292, so really a twin stepped 27' with a swim platform. Although, it is a great all around boat for the water I run in!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do fill the tanks. Depends on who you talk to I guess. Some fill them up. Others leave um empty. I've always left them full and have never had a problem with water in the fuel. Boat has always turned right over. Never know what kind of winter it's gonna be. Temps vary a lot here in the NE. I know how much mositure I pull out the boat every year. I've heard and read stories and threads on both sides of this arguement, comes down to what you feel comfortable with. On really warm days I try to open the boat up to let it air/dry out.

As an added bonus come spring, I don't have to stop at the gas station on the way to the ramp, tanks already full.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Registered

I pull the batteries also and throw them on a maintainer during the winter. So when I'm done, I'm done till May. If I had a heated garage I probably wouldn't winterize, but don't have that luxary so...
Old 10-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
. If I had a heated garage I probably wouldn't winterize, but don't have that luxary so...

I don't have one either,I think we should go up to Wall street and protest untill the government buys us each one.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
I don't have one either,I think we should go up to Wall street and protest untill the government buys us each one.
Expensive date! that is the best quote out of all of them, while were at it I think the government should buy us all 353's lol. I was down in time square last night . what a bunch of idiots.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Registered

4mulafastech,
Are you the Formula that I always see sitting just off the islands by the Duck Club and Sharky's on the Mississippi River near Dardienne Slough?
Old 10-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

4mula, I will try to match your numbers on my final run of the season tomorrow. the wind is starting to subside though, so I'll probably have to gut the cabin and cockpit, to accomplish that feat. Nice run!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fireguy
4mulafastech,
Are you the Formula that I always see sitting just off the islands by the Duck Club and Sharky's on the Mississippi River near Dardienne Slough?
Yes, that is the lower end of Island 521. Lot more sand with the recent dredging. Pics are from October 1.

I assume you are running the river, so what type of boat? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 292 - New Top Speed-camping1.jpg   2006 292 - New Top Speed-camping2.jpg  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was wondering about cold weather prep....my brother has been doing it in North Alabama for years but just moved to Destin...so I guess he will be OK except on the coldest nights. He told me that most guys along the Northern Gulf Coast just put a drop cord light in the bilge if the temps go into the 20's for a few nights.

Also...confirm or debunk this story. I have heard that around Lake of the Ozarks...areas very near the shore...have a "micro climate" that at certain times in the dead of winter can be 20~30 degrees warmer than the adjacent surrounding area. The reason for this is the constant spring fed temperature of the lake. Any truth to this or is it just a myth?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:22 AM
Registered

I also pulled a new record for myself. 75 on gps with 2 people and 1/2 tank of gas. 2002 with 377,s 28 stock 4 blades.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.