trip 800's 94 419 formula

Notices
Formula

trip 800's 94 419 formula

Old 11-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OPIE272
I was told the center drive if brought up without raising the outside two would cause issues. The mix of props 3 across so close together would raise slip and lose efficiency.
If the outer drives are on extension boxes and raised then it might not be an issue.
The drive height is an issue same as ALL boats. You have to experiment with it and see. Not too many 419's repowered due to not being a fast boat to begin with.
The remove 3 and install #6's. Sounds great. Except the structures, transom, stringers, bulkheads, mounts, toilet, generator, sub floor, everything would have to be gutted and new installed.

I would say the idea of totally redesigning the back 1/2 of the boat is not the type of information the guy is looking for.
I didn't know how many of these boats were out there as I don't follow Formula to much. So I thought we would ask for some help.
What do you have for power in yours?
Old 11-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I doubt the drives are any closer than a fully staggered twin set up.
I was told the staggered is same distance between the drives as the trips. Some staggered setups are even closer. But the staggered setups that are closer seem to be #6 drives not clubfoot Bravos from what I have seen.
Problem is the 3rd drive trashing the center prop efficiency.

If it was just the 2 then the issue of spacing is not as much of a problem.

BUT.....
How about the outboards with 3 and 4 motors running beside each other???

Do they have issues?

IDK......Something the quad outboard drivers might be able to give some input about
Old 11-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Registered

I can not give much information on my set-up because I just finished a power upgrade myself.
Went from stock 502EFI Mercruiser 250-300 hours on tach to trip 540CID 650HP ea. on the dyno. on 87 pump gas.
Lightning tubular exhaust. Replaced 93 Bravo 1 drives with 2001 BravoXR drives on 2 of the 3.
Looking for drive parts to make all 3 XRs and wanting a DWP lower for the center drive.
Thinking the DWP center drive will assist with the long distance the bravo sea water pump has to draw.

So mine is a "project in work"
Replaced genset and a few other items cleaned up when all 3 motors were out.

Tried to get the mess cleaned up before it got too cold and just did not get it done in time to make it worth risking winterization issues.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OPIE272
I can not give much information on my set-up because I just finished a power upgrade myself.
Went from stock 502EFI Mercruiser 250-300 hours on tach to trip 540CID 650HP ea. on the dyno. on 87 pump gas.
Lightning tubular exhaust. Replaced 93 Bravo 1 drives with 2001 BravoXR drives on 2 of the 3.
Looking for drive parts to make all 3 XRs and wanting a DWP lower for the center drive.
Thinking the DWP center drive will assist with the long distance the bravo sea water pump has to draw.

So mine is a "project in work"
Replaced genset and a few other items cleaned up when all 3 motors were out.

Tried to get the mess cleaned up before it got too cold and just did not get it done in time to make it worth risking winterization issues.
I have a nice DWP housing and all guts to go in it.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
remove all 3,install #6 drives and the other 2 engines in a staggard form..sell all the bravo stuff..will save a ton of money when all the bravo stuff starts to brake after 10hr's of use with the 800 hp engines.
Or just sell the Bravo stuff and install ASD#7M's.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered

Waconda,
When did you run at Grand? There was a BT running out of my marina for a while - thought it may have been you. OPIE272 and I both run 419's - he's going to outrun me though!
Old 11-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zdek
Waconda,
When did you run at Grand? There was a BT running out of my marina for a while - thought it may have been you. OPIE272 and I both run 419's - he's going to outrun me though!
I believe it was last Memorial Day weekend. We put in up past sail boat bridge.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by waconda
I'm interested, but my banker is on life support till spring! LOL
Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by zdek
Waconda,
Yeah I'll out run you to the gas dock.

IF I ever get the bugger running.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by waconda
PM me a price n we can maybe get this done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.