My new project - 86 - 272 LS >

My new project - 86 - 272 LS

Notices
Formula

My new project - 86 - 272 LS

Old 05-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Befu, great job and love the work you are doing. You said you mounted your fuel pump, how did you decide to wire it up? Pressure switch or with a flip switch?

I bought the Holley Red, And was going to run a flip switch to a relay. Where did you find the pressure switch? I think that sounds like a better idea!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I added a toggle switch up on the dash to run it off of an accessory fuse. Holley said it did not need a fuel regulator or pressure switch, but I am wondering how that will work. I have it set up so I can add a fuel pressure switch off an available port on the fuel filter/seperator to turn it on and off if the motor is idling or shuts off. I can also use this same port to run a return line back to the tank through a pressure regulator also.

I am not using a pressure switch off of the oil pressure right now. I have one pump for both motors, but it could be hooked up so the oil pressure switches are in parrallel to enable the pump.

I am not running a relay setup right now, but may add one. I want to see what the amperage is when running, shouldn't be too high but would be easy to add one. Of course, it will be in the engine compartment, so it will have to be explosion proof which is not a problem.

I wanted to try it the way Holley said first and go from there. It is easy to modify how it sits right now.

Brian

Last edited by befu; 05-08-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: updated info for mason's questions in post 74
Old 05-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigmike253
Befu,
On your sunpad job what exactly are the "bunks" made out of before you cover them with vinyl. ?
On the sunpad, the base is 3/4" plywood. On top of this is the original foam from the old hatch cover (The grey parts) The vinyl then goes over that foam. The original foam was about 3" thick and had rounded top corners.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, PM me and I will update this post with more information.

Brian
Old 05-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by befu
I added a toggle switch up on the dash to run it off of an accessory fuse. Holley said it did not need a fuel regulator or pressure switch, but I am wondering how that will work. I have it set up so I can add a pressure switch off an available port on the fuel filter to turn it on and off. I can also use this same port to run a return line back to the tank through a regulator also.

I wanted to try it the way Holley said first and go from there. It is easy to modify how it sits right now.

Brian
I'm a little confused, as you stated running it off a fuel port. Shouldn't it be ran off an oil galley port? I know GM TBI(automotive) use a oil pressure switch to control the fuel pump in this manner

Ditto on the holley setup, don't plan on using a regulator either. I think I will put a filter before the pump and prob a fuel/water separator after, but I prob wont put the separator on until after I get the boat on the water. Its boating season here now, and I got the itch for a cold Coors Light and wind in my face so bad, there may be a few odds and ends that I have to work on inbetween weekend lake trips..lol

Also, did you run the power straight through the switch to the pump,or use a relay setup?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Registered

Default Transom work

Well, ready to put the other transom assembly on tomorrow, thought I would post a picture of the progress I had made so far....

First one is as it arrived, I had only removed the swim platform at this point. I had tried pressure washing it "a bit" to see if I had anything to work with. Kinda funny looking back....

As it sits this afternoon... Still a lot to do

Old 05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks good man. Gonna make your memorial day timeline?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Looks good man. Gonna make your memorial day timeline?
Nope, I have to take off out of town for a week for business and family time. Oh well....

Maybe my team will drop one of the motors in while I am gone and surprise me, but probably not. Still waiting on a package of parts for the trailer also from e-trailer. Surprised they haven't even shipped yet. New brakes, a couple rollers, new fenders and some parts.

Some time in June, maybe early June....

Brian
Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a lot of rubbing and scrubbing Brian! Take pride in what you are doing because the results certainly do show it.

Hey...you never did show me what the difference in the vent glass was.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sprink58
That's a lot of rubbing and scrubbing Brian! Take pride in what you are doing because the results certainly do show it.

Hey...you never did show me what the difference in the vent glass was.
Oh yeah, that gold fish memory thing again. By the way, you never did show us how to remount the glass in our windshields!!! What is your time frame on redoing that?

Brian.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by befu
Oh yeah, that gold fish memory thing again. By the way, you never did show us how to remount the glass in our windshields!!! What is your time frame on redoing that?

Brian.
Thanks for the reminder...I need to call my glass guy today. He told me he would have the glass ready last Friday and I never heard from him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.