Recently ordered a new Formula

Old 12-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats

you will love the boat and it`s Joystick Steering

Great Choice
Attached Thumbnails Recently ordered a new Formula-k-dsc_0347-kopie.jpg   Recently ordered a new Formula-k-dsc_0092-kopie.jpg  
Old 12-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Formula folks have hit it out of the park with that model. I have owned Formulas and Sea Rays and for years I have to say Sea Ray had Formula beat in the over 30' cruisers. The game has changed now and Formula has hit the Brunswick boys in the head with a bat!!! Sea Rays 34' Sun Dancer has been their money maker for years....and it's a great boat. But it's not a Formula

You've got as good or better amenities in the Formula plus a high performance hull with Formula's build quality...no contest....great choice.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BowenCT
Congrats. Did you order the boat thru Ocean Performance? I think they are still a Formula dealer......?
OP isn't a Formula dealer anymore.....haven't been for a couple years.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:27 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Awesome & Congratulations
Old 12-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
LOL! And Connecticut IS???

Good choice with the Volvo package, between corrosion issues and Axius nightmares, the Bravo 3 package has been very problematic. The 350SS is a nice size boat - congratulations! You'll find the Formula folks to be great people; it's a family-run business.
I bought one of the early versions of Axius in my 08 350SS, knowing it was new software and it would have quirks. But I have to say that the Merc Tech that services the LOTO area has been very good about coming over and applying software updates to the system, 3 times now. The last update was applied spring of 2010 and it seems they got the last of the bugs I was seeing. Mine has worked flawlessly the last two seasons. One thing that I didn't think I would use but I do use all the time is the auto pilot. Especially nice on those sunset cruises where you are just barely over idle. Just set course and sit back and relax.

One thing I found this year though, that stuff messes up pretty good when your batteries start losing their ability to keep a good charge. All new batteries after 3 years took care of that though.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 12-19-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks for all of the positive comments guys. I had myself convinced that I wanted a Nor-Tech 39V. And after all the time I have spent with Trond and Terry and the rest of the Nor-Tech guys, I really wish I could have bought a boat from them. They are beyond first class in every way. And i know I could have picked up a used 39V for a helluva lot less than the 350SS is setting me back

But at the end of the day, I needed to take a long, hard look at the type of boating I was going to do with my family and the 350SS seems to be the perfect boat. I bought it through Hampton Bay Watercraft on Long Island and thus far it has been a great experience. They are very responsive and professional. I have been boat shopping for a while and they never made it seem like they were trying to "sell" me a boat. I hope the after sale experience is as good!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered

We ordered 2012 400SS last spring. Ordering the boat and then taking delivery a couple of months later was a lot of fun. It turned out just the way we wanted it. My only advice, don't order dark counter tops in the galley. They are the only thing we did that we regret. Have fun!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations! That sounds like a great combination.

I purchased my 292 new back in 2005. We toured the factory prior to purchase. Ryan at Formula spent at least 1-1/2 to 2 hours with us. It was very worth while.

After ordering the boat Ryan kept us informed of the progress during the build which was very cool (see thread below).

We have had six great seasons with the 292 and looking forward to many more. It literally still looks and runs like brand new.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...stech-way.html
Old 12-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new boat xconn!!!

Originally Posted by JayFan
OP isn't a Formula dealer anymore.....haven't been for a couple years.
I knew you'd come back here some day!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just found out the boat is finished and has already been shipped to the dealer. Damn that was fast!! I guess I have to pay for it now.

I heard a few 45 Yachts were sold at the NY Show so I suppose that will keep the factory busy for a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.