Boat lift for 382

Notices
Formula

Boat lift for 382

Old 12-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat lift for 382

If anyone has a 382 on a lift. I'd like to know how the stepped hull sits on the bunks. I've seen stepped bunks, but I'm wondering how far apart the bunks should be set. Should the back step be ripped to match the hull angle or do you set the bunks wider to catch the outside chines flat?
Old 12-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

when we setup our trailer we decided to do what you suggested...

cut an angle to match the hull on the rear (second step), and cut the bunk so the first step sits flush on the outside chine
Old 12-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 73 Posts

We bought a Myco cradle. Like the trailer, it fits like a glove. Also included the service deck so I can do minor servicing of the drives and cleaning transom.

Andy

Last edited by PremierPOWER; 12-21-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would suspect that you want the bunks to line up with the internal grid. I'm pretty sure that Formula will supply you with the information you need.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered

I have my 382 on an old Hydro Hoist and it has a V in the front and two flat Pads for the stern. Has no bunks. I have seen others with bunks down the sides, but never paid attention to how they fit.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered

My lift supplier said they got the specs from Formula. It didn't look right, so I started making my own suggestions. Now I'm finding out others have also angled the back bunk. I like the cradle idea.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Registered

as long as you hit one of the chines flush, i think you should be fine.

p.s. lining a boat up on a lift with steps seems like a tough proposition. i imagine you will have to raise and lower it repeatedly for alignment and positioning.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered

Our lift supplier had formula specs already. It sits very nice with the steps all supported .
Old 12-22-2011, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 75 Likes on 25 Posts

I bought a brand new Hydro Hoist in June.It has the pad in the front and two large notched bunks. Hydro Hoist delivered it from New York to Massachusetts and assembled it here. They wanted my boat in the water to make final adjustments,but they do have the specs from Formula. As far as getting it to sit right,it's easier then loading on a trailer.Point and shoot.The boat will self align.The only thing is how far too pull forward. Once I got the boat positioned exactly where I wanted it,I took the two line attached to the front of the lift,that fasten to the rear cleats,and put a knot in them right at the point where the touch the cleat.Works perfect every time.

Last edited by BONDO10; 12-22-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BONDO10
I bought a brand new Hydro Hoist in June.It has the pad in the front and two large notched bunks. Hydro Hoist delivered it from New York to Massachusetts and assembled it here. They wanted my boat in the water to make final adjustments,but they do have the specs from Formula. As far as getting it to sit right,it's easier then loading on a trailer.Point and shoot.The boat will self align.The only thing is how far too pull forward. Once I got the boat positioned exactly where I wanted it,I took the two line attached to the front of the lift,that fasten to the rear cleats,and put a knot in them right at the point where the touch the cleat.Works perfect every time.
bondo i meant the later. positioning front to back...not side to side. i imagine that would be easy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.