Protecting the finish

Notices
Formula

Protecting the finish

Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Protecting the finish

The 2007 382 I recently acquired is in new condition. I want to keep the finish that way as long as I can. I'd like to know about some of the favorite cleaners and waxes that other owners would recommend. Thanks
Old 03-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I have been using the "fountain of youth" products for 2 seasons now and I am very happy with them. Keeps my bird looking New

pm 'Heater63' on Oso... he can hook you up with any of their products.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont forget that prolonged sun exposure will kill a finish and vinal over time. So I keep mine covered as much as possible when not in use. I trailer so that is very easy for me. It gets a full covering everythime I am done with it.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
I have been using the "fountain of youth" products for 2 seasons now and I am very happy with them. Keeps my bird looking New

pm 'Heater63' on Oso... he can hook you up with any of their products.
Do you use their Vitreo product to wax your boat. I've only used their Power 1 hull cleaner. It works better than any acid based hull cleaner I have used over the years.

I've used Rejex over the years and it has worked great. But thinking of trying the Fountain of Youth stuff since Power 1 is so awesome.

You can buy their stuff directly from them at

http://www.fountainofyouthrestore.co..._Products.html
Old 03-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Do you use their Vitreo product to wax your boat. I've only used their Power 1 hull cleaner. It works better than any acid based hull cleaner I have used over the years.

I've used Rejex over the years and it has worked great. But thinking of trying the Fountain of Youth stuff since Power 1 is so awesome.

You can buy their stuff directly from them at

http://www.fountainofyouthrestore.co..._Products.html

I have been using the Vitreo and I am happy with it. I also used to use ReJex and the Vitreo seems go on easier. I have also been using their vinyl protectant, and they have a cleaner that is awesome on the plastic windows of my camper top, plexiglas cabin door, etc.

My experience with the Vitreo is similar to ReJex as far as not adding a lot of shine to the finish. Just make sure it's good and polished then lay the Vitreo on and it will stay nice and shiny. Makes wiping a scum line off a piece of cake after a weekend on the water.