Neighbor Backed into my BIRD.. oh $h^t

Notices
Formula

Neighbor Backed into my BIRD.. oh $h^t

Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by looseconnection
My ins company has used this group before. I will hold back on the name but they cater to the bass boaters. The mech is versed in high hp stuff but its not the primary direction they like. If it goes sour most likely it will then i am going to a perf shop down by lake martin. Long drive but best hp guy in the state. I know i dont have high hp but go fast mechs understand the forces involved and look after one another.
the fact that your ins co has used them makes it sound like they recommended them, I'd stop where you are and do some more research and get second opinions, again, I highly recommend Rob Nelem at Nelems marine in jasper Alabama, very good chance he sold that boat new, and Ive spoke with him many times on here while I was looking for a boat, if he can't personally help you he will help you in the right direction, as he holds a special place in his heart for the Formula brand and us Formula guys, I would call if interested, www.Nelems.com as he is not on OSO as much as in the past, his handle on here is magicfloat
Old 04-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered

also not trying to sound like a d%ick just trying to help you out
Old 04-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered

U need to get that fixed right in case I buy it in the future
Old 04-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear,sux,Goodluck

Is that a oneway street? Ive heard if a car is parked on the wrong side headed wrong direction for that side of the street denied claim,not sure if his or yours is the same.just thinking what if. I would think the steering and gimble took a bad hit,the steering plate that bolt to the transom ,see if there damage there,Make sure they know the liability if later on the steering or gimble breaks and causes a wreck? Just throwing out what if's at ya.

Rob
Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Registered

My ins company has used this group before. I will hold back on the name but they cater to the bass boaters. The mech is versed in high hp stuff but its not the primary direction they like. If it goes sour most likely it will then i am going to a perf shop down by lake martin. Long drive but best hp guy in the state. I know i dont have high hp but go fast mechs understand the forces involved and look after one another.
Pier 57 over in Counce, TN at Pickwick isn't too far from you. You might consider giving them a call
Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help. Nelems sold the boat new. His emblem is on the stern. Maybe I should give him a call in the morning. I am just really pissed about all this. Hell take a couple hours check things out, let's know how big a job this is, why drag it out. I should have realized this when the same baja was in the shop three of the five days last week for a de winterize.... But 20 billion bass boats got serviced. Maybe if I called a bass boat and mounted a minkota to the bow I would get bumped up....NOT!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Registered

You for got that you got yer self one of 'dem 'air "Cigar" boats and you might be just a bit off. Why hell all you do is run around makin big 'ol waves that upset maw on the pontoon boat all the time any 'ol way. Ever body knows that Cooter and his Bass boat is always gonna git dun first.

Good luck with this.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered

Now I'm. Pissed. Boat was supposed to go under the knife today. Drove by at lunch boat is still under cover and backed in where its been since last monday. I called anx they say its in the shop and when mechanic gets back from lunch. Well 2 pm still no movement. 530 still no movement. My ins adjuster will be here at 8.30am to go over mechanics report. So that will delay the process. I have had two friends who have experienced the same last summer. If my boat isnt in work bay in the morning i am jumping ship with these clowns. If i cant take on new customers i politely refer to another hvac contractor or i break my back to work them in. If this shop and i are not on the same page before repairs are started where are we going to be if they miss something....

LC
Yes! Follow your gut on this. Seems to me this is the tip of the ice berg and you already said where it seems headed. Your probably more right than you think.

Originally Posted by sprink58
You for got that you got yer self one of 'dem 'air "Cigar" boats and you might be just a bit off. Why hell all you do is run around makin big 'ol waves that upset maw on the pontoon boat all the time any 'ol way. Ever body knows that Cooter and his Bass boat is always gonna git dun first.

Good luck with this.

Exactly, this very well explains the senario, bass boats aren't "cigar boats" but the point is more that they just don't mix eggbeaters with I/O either. Worlds apart from the gel to the prop.

Run Forest Run!!!!!!!!

Best of luck to you and the boat. Robert Nelems is a great source of info. He has helped me alot which makes me feel bad that I haven't bought a boat from him.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Registered

I would definitely take this thing to someone more familiar with I/o's and all the stuff that goes along with them, this could be way more than just a broken scag if you know what i mean
Old 04-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by aquaforce
Yes! Follow your gut on this. Seems to me this is the tip of the ice berg and you already said where it seems headed. Your probably more right than you think.

Exactly, this very well explains the senario, bass boats aren't "cigar boats" but the point is more that they just don't mix eggbeaters with I/O either. Worlds apart from the gel to the prop.

Run Forest Run!!!!!!!!

Best of luck to you and the boat. Robert Nelems is a great source of info. He has helped me alot which makes me feel bad that I haven't bought a boat from him.
Very few people in Alabama knew what a Formula was until Nelems brought them into his dealership. If any one can help you work through this Robert can. Feel better about involving him...in fact, I would insist that his shop handle the work if I were you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.