1993 Formula 31 PC

Notices
Formula

1993 Formula 31 PC

Old 05-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Formula 31 PC

Hi Guys. I have a 1993 Formula 31 PC cruiser with stock 454's and the Starboard motor started to leak water in through the y-Pipe gasket last week. We are in the process of pulling the motor to fix it. Do the rear motor mount bolts have nuts on the bottom of them? If so, how do you get to them because the Y-pipe goes right underneath them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by joshalger1
Hi Guys. I have a 1993 Formula 31 PC cruiser with stock 454's and the Starboard motor started to leak water in through the y-Pipe gasket last week. We are in the process of pulling the motor to fix it. Do the rear motor mount bolts have nuts on the bottom of them? If so, how do you get to them because the Y-pipe goes right underneath them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
The rear motor mount nuts are held in place by the inner transom plate. You don't need access to them to remove the long bolts.

BTW, pay attention to the fiber washers and short springs that are under the bellhousing mounts. They need to go back in there otherwise drive alignment will be way off.

Good luck,

Kurt

Last edited by Biggus; 05-23-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Kurt! I tried to get them out last night and they are not budging. I sprayed them with PB blaster and I'm going to let them sit for a couple days. Anymore helpful hints?