Pics of my Magma grill mount for my 242

Notices
Formula

Pics of my Magma grill mount for my 242

Old 06-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my Magma grill mount for my 242

This past Christmas my parents bought me a Magma Chefsmate grill. My wife and I spend virtually every weekend during boating season on the boat, and in most cases we spend the night. We got tired of always eating sandwiches and subs. Obviously there are tons of grills out there and most are much cheaper. I wasn't sure the Magma grill was worth the $200 price tag, but after using it the past few months I really couldn't be happier with it.

Anyway, I spent a lot of time looking at mounts and figuring out what the best way to mount it was. I really didn't want to drill any holes in the boat and I didn't want a mount that was permanent. I wanted to be able to change it based on water conditions, whether or not we were rafted up with another boat, etc..

I ended up buying the Levelock mount for the grill itself. It fits into a rod holder and has a ball joint mounted to the bottom of the grill so it can be tilted in any direction. Since I didn't have any rod holders, I bought a clamp-on rod holder from WalMart. The rod holder can be attached to any hand rail on the boat. I found the best location seems to be on the port side of the boat just left of the glove box. I usually attach the mount right after we drop anchor and then drop the grill in it. That way the grill is ready to be used at any time, and it is completely out of the way. I usually just sit on the glove box when I'm grilling and it has proved to be quite comfortable! Also, if the bimini is up, I'm usually in the shade which is nice. I like having the grill hanging over the side that way I don't have to worry about grease dripping. If we have a boat rafted up to us I will attached it on the starboard side just behind the captain's chair.

Anyway, below is a pic!

I posted this thinking it could help someone else.. I can take more pictures and post them if anyone is interested..
Old 06-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Registered

Looks like a nice set up
Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 AM
djm
Registered

Nice setup! Now post more shots of your boat I have an SS as well.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

When we are going to use the grill,I put a rod holder on the tubular swim platform for the weekend. It works great, but it sue gets a lot of comments at the dock!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where is the fuel vent located? It looks like a great idea, though you'd have to commit to being out for half a day after the cookout so the grill could cool down for storage, right?!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Registered

nice solution, have to duplicate it!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That is a nice set up, we just bought a weber120 but it`s for the beach when we are out all day.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

AdoubleU that is a nice set-up.

I picked up this little grill for using on the beach. It actually folds up completely flat and fits in a thin box for easy storage. Doesn't have a lid, but cooks up steaks really good. I like this late evening pic on the river...
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my Magma grill mount for my 242-grill.jpg  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by waterboy222
where is the fuel vent located? It looks like a great idea, though you'd have to commit to being out for half a day after the cookout so the grill could cool down for storage, right?!
My fuel vent is on the starboard side closer to the transom. I was also concerned about how long it would take for the grill to cool down. The grill cools down rather quickly. It is cool to the touch within 10 minutes of me turning the gas off.

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
AdoubleU that is a nice set-up.

I picked up this little grill for using on the beach. It actually folds up completely flat and fits in a thin box for easy storage. Doesn't have a lid, but cooks up steaks really good. I like this late evening pic on the river...

Cool pic! I wish I was grilling steak more often , but it's usually just burgers or chicken for us! haha... One of the reasons I got the Chefsmate instead of a kettle Magma grill is because it also has fold out feet. We will use it on the dock or if we are camping out.

BTW, the zebra towel isn't mine, I promise... It's my wife's !!