Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Formula 302 LS Unmitigated Disaster Unleased. >

Formula 302 LS Unmitigated Disaster Unleased.

Notices
Formula

Old 08-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow Formula 302 LS Unmitigated Disaster Unleased.

I really like this boat and bought it. We pounded on it everywhere and found that the front floor in the cabin was rotten and one spot that may have been delaminate elsewhere.

After buying it I took the floor up. The bulkheads are open on top, sealed on bottom with carpet right above them to drip into them. In addition the "closed cell foam" -is not". You can use it for a sponge. It is a perfect recipe to rot. We decided to make the boat perfect as I said I love the boat so we are changing the stringers. We are doing excellent work and on the home stretch. With the aft bulkhead out I can bang on the transom. It sounds rotten in an area. When will this project end. The only good news is it just requires endless hours not money. I don't think I want to even put foam back into it as it seems to trap water.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep, went through that on my 86 - 272. Luckily my transom looks perfect. Had the exhaust tips out and the transom assemblies removed so really got to look it over, no problems there.

If you have a soft spot on these, I would bet you will find much more as you dig. I do not see how you wouldn't with how the stringers are not sealed at the top and how the stringers and bulkheads all but up to one another with solid contact points.

Good luck, I feel your pain.

Brian
Old 08-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Go look for my thread on this. I started to do the same thing. Life got in the way so I got a 311 but some day I plan to finish it up.