Bimini Top Storage

Notices
Formula

Bimini Top Storage

Old 09-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bimini Top Storage

Looking at a 2004 280 ss with 125 hrs on merc. 260hps. Nice boat with lots of storage but not sure I saw a storage place for the bimini top when not used. I like the bimini but not the in the air / arch look, just personal. This is a fresh water boat owned by an elderly person and asking 60k through a brokerage. Does this seem reasonable? Everything seems to be as new but doesn't have a trailer which is not a deal killer. All thoughts appreciated.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HavinATantrum
Looking at a 2004 280 ss with 125 hrs on merc. 260hps. Nice boat with lots of storage but not sure I saw a storage place for the bimini top when not used. I like the bimini but not the in the air / arch look, just personal. This is a fresh water boat owned by an elderly person and asking 60k through a brokerage. Does this seem reasonable? Everything seems to be as new but doesn't have a trailer which is not a deal killer. All thoughts appreciated.

I think you are stuck with the 'arch' look, unless you remove the bimini. My old Baja 236 had storage in the stern around the engine compartment for the bimini, but I have not seen such a thing on a SunSport.

No worries about the trailer, you're just down the road from LoadMAster Trailers in Port Clinton. They are great to work with.

Not sure what 280s are going for. We paid low-mid 60s for our '02 330SS, loaded, w/ twin 496s and an Eagle trailer if that helps.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Registered

There is no storage spot for the bimini on my 1998 280SS. You might be able to rotate the folded frame forward to rest on the top of the wind screen if that works for you. I bought an older model, but that price seems a little high. Try and do some research on actual selling prices. I have only had the boat for a little while, but really like it.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Registered

Default Manners around the dock

Appreciate both comments, don't care for the arch look but guess you never get exactly what you want in a boat. Yep, I am real close to a trailer builder and will use them if the purchase happens. On another note, how are the manners around the dock? I have never operated a twin Bravo 3 and have had some less than great experiences with twin Bravo 1's that turn in instead of out. Out is great, in is a disaster on some boats.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Registered

Considering the very low hours for the year and the, as described, excellent condition the price is not bad. Sounds like a premium condition boat, always very desirable.

If you don't use the bimini you could remove it. I do fold mine forward when I put the full cover on the boat but it would not be possible to operate the boat this way.

You will find that the upright bimini may not look as sleek but has a great function as a handhold when moving about on the boat. I originally took the bimini off on my 260, but I put it back and really like it there now.

Bravo 3's back up straight but have a caveat. Since they are very efficient, you will find that the boat will travel alarmingly fast in docking situations, even at idle. Seriously. You will have to get in the habit of bumping the drives in and out of gear while docking to control the speed.

The 280SS is a fabulous boat, as are all the Formula SS's.