Winshield Trim

Notices
Formula

Winshield Trim

Old 10-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winshield Trim

I know this has been talked about in the past but I wanted to start a fresh forum being that Marine Glass Specialties has not been responsive since May (even though the 1st time I spoke with George he said he had the product).

I am looking for the black plastic window trim for my 1989 Formula 242SS. I need all the tirm - the 3 vertical pieces (front, port, strbd) and the upper and lower trim that runs along the whole windshield.

Anyone, that has any or knows someone who might help would be great help.

FYI - Taylor Made could not help. They bought out Water Bonnet who initially made the trim.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It took me 2yrs to get George to send me enough to do mine. When I finally got him to
go look for it and get it sent to me, he told me that it is all he had left. This was 2yrs ago
and I still have not gotten my redone.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Registered

I am bringing this up again... because I have no where else to go!! My vertical plastic windshield moldings are so old and beat up that they look like cooked bacon... I have tried George now 1000 times with Marine Glass Specialties, no luck. I have also googled boat glass repair companies, marine part suppliers, auto windshield part suppliers, t moldings suppliers... nothing..

Does anyone have any other ideas? Or seen an older Formula in the yard or know someone parting out?..... ANYTHING!
Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Look on ebay. Think I've seen it there

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=200928676772
Old 07-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Registered

I have and am currently using what you have shown I.C.U.Lookin. To make this work you have to cut the square off the bottom and it is still a snug fit. I heat mine up in the sun before installing and it seems to be holding about about a month. It is not a direct replacement but when some modification it does work. I reached out the that ebay lister and he mailed me a sample to play with before making my final purchase. I suggest anyone looking to replace the trim do the same.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Registered

I am looking for the moldings that run vertical to the windshield.. I believe they are entirely different... its a T Molding with 2 plastic prongs that grip the center line of the split windshield
Old 07-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Registered

Oreo, I am about to order some of that same ebay screw cover for my 223 but waiting for them to send me a small sample. So you cut the very bottom boxed section off? Did you just use a razor knife? No big deal? Any other issues or suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited by k9bitten; 07-19-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered

I just used a razor blade and you can run it flat across and just slice the box off the bottom. Goes quickly once you get it down. The original plastic slides under the frame at the ends of each sections, but this will not happen with the new piece so you have to cut a clean end. You will see what I am talking about when you get on the boat.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by oreokid220
I just used a razor blade and you can run it flat across and just slice the box off the bottom. Goes quickly once you get it down. The original plastic slides under the frame at the ends of each sections, but this will not happen with the new piece so you have to cut a clean end. You will see what I am talking about when you get on the boat.
I was wondering now that it's been a couple of months or so, how that trim is working out? Are you happy with how it looks now? All of mine is perfect except for the port front as it wraps around the curve. I hate to replace all of the good stuff too but it looks like I will have to in order for all of it to match. Thanks.

Last edited by motocop; 08-23-2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-14-2015, 07:14 AM
Registered

Marine Glass Specialties totals sucks!!! George is nothing but a liar and a scammer. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.