Notices
Formula

seats?

Old 07-14-2002, 09:38 PM
WES311SR1

Default seats?

will seats from a 97 and up fit in my 91 311sr1. would like the power bolster.

Old 07-14-2002, 10:01 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. Holes will not line up but that should not be a big deal Sit down when you get the price

Jon
Old 07-14-2002, 10:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you want to sell the ones you have?
Old 07-14-2002, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

12v actuators can be substituted for the standard McLeod manual cylinders. A local machine shop should be able to make a stainless plate to fit where the existing button is now with a marine rocker switch in it. Been tossing the idea around myself.

Actuators will run around $150 each.

BE aware, though, that the electrics won't drop the bolster quickly for docking, etc. like you can currently do with the manuals.
Old 07-15-2002, 05:51 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need new cylinders for mine (89 sr1) Where can I find the electric actuators.?And lastly do they bolt right into place where the cylinders come out?
Old 07-15-2002, 11:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

I would imagine that you will need to move the bracket a bit. McMaster-Carr has actuators.

Measure the stroke needed with the seat full up and full down. This is the stroke you will need (I can't remember if the stock ones use the full stroke or not). Chances are, the electric ones will be longer which will require the brackets to be moved a bit.

I bought a handful of actuators off ebay for around $45 each. They are 4" and 6" stroke. I planned to use them on my seats. I planned to have to refigure the mount geometry, so I didn't bother to check the stocker's lengths.

By the way, I'd also LOVE to find some small actuators to put on my two front hatches for cabin ventilation (but be able to close them securely without climbing up on the veeberth on my back).
The ones I got are fairly beefy and very much unsuited to the hatch thing.

Also, if you got a 311, you have the same engine hatch issue as I have: it is sluggish and doesn't open as far as I'd like. I found some really mean gas struts at Pep Boys and I plan to put them on the sides to assist the lift actuator. If ity works good enough, I am gonna move the top mount back a touch so it will open farther.. I'll let you know what cylinders I end up using.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For small actuators try:

http://www.motionsystem.com/

The small ones can be custom made to any stroke at about $200 each. Should be strong enough for seat bottoms too, 100# pull 600# to over-ride.

-Greg
Old 07-16-2002, 03:18 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GregP, nice website. I'll have to take some measurements and see if I can match something up. Right now my drivers side won't stay down and my pass. side wont stay up. The problem with that is , I usually stand and my wife usually sits. And don't any of you girls out there in Offshoreonly land suggest we switch places. Wow I better duck after that comment Thanks for the info Greg.