Notices
Formula

Is it out there?

Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
just playing devils advocate here...

there are also buyers out there that do a lot of tire kicking and dont understand the value of used boats. want everything in like new condition but arent willing to pay for it... just keep that in mind.
The seller of the most recent boat I looked at wanted $25k for his boat. A premium for that boat based on what I'm told right here on this forum. Should be $14k-$18K ish? After a 2 hour detailed phone conversation with the seller and agreeing on a (slightly) lower than asking figure, I drove 360 miles and spent a couple hundred in fuel to find a boat not as described needing a great deal of work. Some of which the seller was not even aware of. So, expecting to see a much nicer boat (as described) and because the colors and amenities were right for me, I expected to pay the premium asked by the seller...and I was fine with that.

This is after a similar circumstance a month earlier where I drove from Cleveland, OH. to Milwaukee WI. for another 272 and returned empty handed as well.

A couple of pricey road trips just to kick tires.... fully expected to return with a boat on both occasions.

25 year old anything is going to show signs of age and use. Care and maintenance reduces the negative affects of both. I am a realistic guy but when you're told one thing and it turns out to be quite the contrary in person, one can hold only the seller responsible for the lack of....forthcoming. I now know who's getn' stroked....

Fussy? Yes. Cheap? No.

Last edited by motocop; 12-11-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Registered

HI Motocop,

have you seen this one in New Orleans $10500 it sounds good. Small Blocks Stainless Marine exhaust and mor importantly for you, you can do your own paint design since it is all white now. I know you are picky about colors.hahahaha.

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/boa/3404251688.htm

Last edited by Diego9040; 12-19-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

theres a nice one listed on stlouis craigslist
Old 12-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/3487266959.html
Old 12-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Registered

i like it .
Old 12-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Diego9040
HI Motocop,

have you seen this one in New Orleans $10500 it sounds good. Small Blocks Stainless Marine exhaust and mor importantly for you, you can do your own paint design since it is all white now. I know you are picky about colors.hahahaha.

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/boa/3404251688.htm
I've been out of commission with the flu this past week and haven't been on here. I just checked this link and it's saying the listing is expired. I would've liked to have seen this one. The St. Louis boat is really clean but I'm just not a pink kinda guy.... Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to do another nationwide Craigslist search and see if the white one pops up again.