292 - Head water supply/holding tank

Notices
Formula

292 - Head water supply/holding tank

Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 292 - Head water supply/holding tank

Does the pump out head in a 292 use the 19 gallon freshwater tank for water supply or is it purely a self contained unit. Has anyone ever had trouble or heard of it leaking while under way in rough waters? Wish Formula would do a real china bowl and a remote holding tank on the 292. Or better yet do a similiar setup as the 260SS so you do not have to pull the bed apart in the middle of the night.
Thanks again
Old 11-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

If the plastic portable head is hooked up to a holding tank than more than likely it sources its water from the freshwater tank. If you have to pull the head to empty it then most likely it is self-contained. Just look at the back of the head to look for the lines.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

I beleive the 19 gallon fresh water holding tank is self contained and not attached to the head. thats how ours is configured anyways. the head is a stand alone unit and is attached to the pump out (top portion of the head feeds the toilet to a holding tank). our fresh water feeds the sink and transom shower only.

you will really need to take a look at yours to find out...

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 11-16-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I don't own one yet, but I see a large white hose and a smaller black hose running to the head in many pictures. I assume the larger white is for the dockside pump out and the smaller black must be either a vent or a water supply line?
Just curiuos as it would add a little more functionality to a portapotty setup. Thank for any info you can give.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Thinking more about this, my existing portable head is setup for a pumpout but is not hooked up as my boat was not equipped with a holding tank. There is no connection for a water line on the upper portion that holds water. So the larger line would be to the pumpout fitting and the smaller line has to be a vent line. This would make sense as when you turn your water pump on what would hold the water back if it was connected to the upper portion of the head? On showers and sinks the sprayers and faucets hold the water back.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Thinking more about this, my existing portable head is setup for a pumpout but is not hooked up as my boat was not equipped with a holding tank. There is no connection for a water line on the upper portion that holds water. So the larger line would be to the pumpout fitting and the smaller line has to be a vent line. This would make sense as when you turn your water pump on what would hold the water back if it was connected to the upper portion of the head? On showers and sinks the sprayers and faucets hold the water back.
yes large tube is pump out and small white hose is vent (not connected to water). as mentioned, the head is a stand alone unit. top portion is fresh water. bottom half is holding tank.