Slipping throttle on 312

Notices
Formula

Slipping throttle on 312

Old 05-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slipping throttle on 312

I am having a slight throttle issue with the starboard throttle, if I take my hands off it, it starts to slip back to idle. It's not a huge deal, but annoying epically for the next few weeks while my broken right hand heels. It doesn't appear to have any way to tighten it up from the bottom. Can someone help with is issue please? It's a 99 312 fastech
Old 05-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rossman40
I am having a slight throttle issue with the starboard throttle, if I take my hands off it, it starts to slip back to idle. It's not a huge deal, but annoying epically for the next few weeks while my broken right hand heels. It doesn't appear to have any way to tighten it up from the bottom. Can someone help with is issue please? It's a 99 312 fastech
So I just took my entire 312 throttle/control's set apart, powder coated, then completely reassembled (unfortunately reassembled many times to get it just perfect) so there are a few things to check. There are 2 ball bearings that keep the throttle in position and from slipping back to idle...to me it sounds like these may have pop'd out or aren't fully engaging to keep the throttles in position. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a quick diagnostic fix and you are probably gonna have to pull the throttle/control set-up. It doesn't take much time to pull em out but there are some tools required so you may want to have a mechanic take em out (shouldn't take anyone with experience longer than 15 min to pop em out). Once out you will have a much easier time diagnosing the problem.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Registered

Your talking about popping the ball bearings out?
Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rossman40
Your talking about popping the ball bearings out?
What I am saying is that the ball bearings (2 of them) that hold the throttle in position, so that when you release the throttle it doesn't just slide back to idle, could have come out of the rim that holds them in position. If they did your throttle would move forward and back with ease but it would also not stick in one position, as soon as you let it go it would pull back to the idle position. This is just one idea behind a throttle that doesn't hold it's position. Sorry if that's not helpful.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Registered

Makes sense, will let you know!! Thanks you for the help!