Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   Does anyone have a full enclosure with a Stainless Windsheild??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/298920-does-anyone-have-full-enclosure-stainless-windsheild.html)

RT930turbo 06-27-2013 07:08 PM

Does anyone have a full enclosure with a Stainless Windsheild???

I am going to have a camper enclosure made for my 382, and I was curious if anyone has a full enclosure with the stainless windsheild frame. Not sure what the best way to attach snaps is? I'm having some serious heartburn about drilling into that gorgeous frame :angry-smiley-038:

Any ideas?

RedDog382 06-27-2013 08:01 PM

My 382 Poker Run Special came with the fairing. Due to the often inclement weather there in Ohio, I put a used (take-off) stainless windshield on it. I had the Formula factory install a full enclosure. They even folded it up nicely as it would be from a new dealer delivery. Not too far over to Decatur, IN from somewhere in Ohio ...

RT930turbo 06-28-2013 08:47 AM

Do you have any pics? My 303 had the channel in the windsheild for the sliding snaps. Did they just screw them into the frame?

s022mag 06-29-2013 01:54 PM

I've seen some camper tops have a rubber like tongue and groove setup where the front part of the camper tops pushes into a small opening on the windshield frame and then snaps on sides and back. You got anything like that on the windshield.

Mr Maine 06-29-2013 04:40 PM

On my 272 they are on the frame I assume this is from formula and they are more spaced out than the ones at the bottom of the windshield for the mooring cover. If you want to pm me your number I will text you a pic

jriggs 07-01-2013 02:13 PM

I have a factory bimini / encloser on my 382 and the polished stainless windshield. Mine has factory snaps that are rivited into the stainless. Probably not much fun drilling holes in stainless..My factory bimini top was made by Aldon for Formula, and they are no longer in business. send me your email address and I can shoot you some pictures.... Or you can look at it up at Boyne Thunder!!!!!!!

RedDog382 07-01-2013 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by RT930turbo (Post 3950571)
Do you have any pics? My 303 had the channel in the windsheild for the sliding snaps. Did they just screw them into the frame?

Sorry Artie, no photos.

The work was done at the factory over the 2011 winter season and the boat went straight back into inside storage there in Ohio.

RedDog382 07-01-2013 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by jriggs (Post 3952020)
I have a factory bimini / encloser on my 382 and the polished stainless windshield. Mine has factory snaps that are rivited into the stainless. Probably not much fun drilling holes in stainless..My factory bimini top was made by Aldon for Formula, and they are no longer in business. send me your email address and I can shoot you some pictures.... Or you can look at it up at Boyne Thunder!!!!!!!

How you doing Jeromy?

I think your boat had an extra support bar off the windshield to support the bimini top at higher speeds if I remember correctly.

RT930turbo 07-01-2013 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by jriggs (Post 3952020)

Sounds like a deal! See you on Lake Charlevoix!

When are you heading up?

ThirdBird 07-02-2013 06:25 AM

Try to hunt up Got Twins here on the Formula forum. He had a custom top (full enclosure) made. His front wind screen and side curtains go all the way to the base of the windshield frame. It has a very nice raked-back design. It looks spectacular and totally seals the rain off. Jeff, you need to pipe in here.