Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Does anyone have a full enclosure with a Stainless Windsheild??? >

Does anyone have a full enclosure with a Stainless Windsheild???

Notices
Formula

Does anyone have a full enclosure with a Stainless Windsheild???

Old 06-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Question Does anyone have a full enclosure with a Stainless Windsheild???

I am going to have a camper enclosure made for my 382, and I was curious if anyone has a full enclosure with the stainless windsheild frame. Not sure what the best way to attach snaps is? I'm having some serious heartburn about drilling into that gorgeous frame

Any ideas?
Old 06-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 382 Poker Run Special came with the fairing. Due to the often inclement weather there in Ohio, I put a used (take-off) stainless windshield on it. I had the Formula factory install a full enclosure. They even folded it up nicely as it would be from a new dealer delivery. Not too far over to Decatur, IN from somewhere in Ohio ...
Old 06-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Registered

Do you have any pics? My 303 had the channel in the windsheild for the sliding snaps. Did they just screw them into the frame?
Old 06-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen some camper tops have a rubber like tongue and groove setup where the front part of the camper tops pushes into a small opening on the windshield frame and then snaps on sides and back. You got anything like that on the windshield.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

On my 272 they are on the frame I assume this is from formula and they are more spaced out than the ones at the bottom of the windshield for the mooring cover. If you want to pm me your number I will text you a pic
Old 07-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

I have a factory bimini / encloser on my 382 and the polished stainless windshield. Mine has factory snaps that are rivited into the stainless. Probably not much fun drilling holes in stainless..My factory bimini top was made by Aldon for Formula, and they are no longer in business. send me your email address and I can shoot you some pictures.... Or you can look at it up at Boyne Thunder!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Do you have any pics? My 303 had the channel in the windsheild for the sliding snaps. Did they just screw them into the frame?
Sorry Artie, no photos.

The work was done at the factory over the 2011 winter season and the boat went straight back into inside storage there in Ohio.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jriggs
I have a factory bimini / encloser on my 382 and the polished stainless windshield. Mine has factory snaps that are rivited into the stainless. Probably not much fun drilling holes in stainless..My factory bimini top was made by Aldon for Formula, and they are no longer in business. send me your email address and I can shoot you some pictures.... Or you can look at it up at Boyne Thunder!!!!!!!
How you doing Jeromy?

I think your boat had an extra support bar off the windshield to support the bimini top at higher speeds if I remember correctly.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jriggs
Sounds like a deal! See you on Lake Charlevoix!

When are you heading up?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try to hunt up Got Twins here on the Formula forum. He had a custom top (full enclosure) made. His front wind screen and side curtains go all the way to the base of the windshield frame. It has a very nice raked-back design. It looks spectacular and totally seals the rain off. Jeff, you need to pipe in here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.