Bravo one question for 242

Notices
Formula

Bravo one question for 242

Old 07-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo one question for 242

I have a couple of operation questions on my boat. To operate the trailer mode button, does the drive first have to be trimmed up or can you just hit that switch from the down position? Also , what is the range of travel of that outdrive using the regular trim switch? Mine only moves up a few inches, like maybe 5 inches. I noticed while not running, the oil reservoir for the drive is a couple inches below the line. I did not check it with the engine running. Thanks
Old 07-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Registered

Trailer can go up from the down but you need to used the trim down to go down. There is a limit switch built in for your trim stop. It is adjustable by the little round sensors on your transom assembly looking from the outside. If you google there is a procedure to set that limit to merc specs but yours sounds about right. Oil reserviour is supposed to be at the line while off. Make sure you take in account your boat is usually butt heavy and the fluid is on an angle in the bottle. So dont over fill or else when running it may expand and leak out the vented cap.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the drive at the upper limit (not using the trailer button) you can measure the length between the center of the ram bolts. Center to center should be 21.75" I believe, double check your manual. This will be the highest you can safely trim at speed to avoid damage to your U joints. It takes about 5 minutes to adjust if needed...just did it last weekend.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I set mine the same as dean. Loosen the two screws on the puck and it will rotate. I set my alphas to what the ram length is supposed to be, works perfect.

The other thing I did was tighten up the fit between the puck and the hex that it fits into to. I noticed that the trim indicator would lag behind the actual drive position due to slop between them. A piece of small electrical tape on the hex on the back of the puck made the readings much more consistent. Plus it is vinyl, so it will flex and move if needed due to binding. Not nearly as good as true drive indicators, but at least I know they are very close.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:41 AM
Registered

I had it checked and the measurement was about 21.75. all is well, I just expected more movement . My ignorance.