my 88 29 sr1 gone...

Notices
Formula

my 88 29 sr1 gone...

Old 07-09-2013, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

If it helps I feel the boat would have been totaled out the first time by your insurance anyway. After looking at the damage the boat would need a major going thru to get back to the way you had it. Sorry it happened, everyone is safe, its a boat ....
Old 07-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I asked my brother who is a fireman and he said at any accidents or vehicle fires they always cut the battery cables at the terminals. I'm surprised they didn't.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm lucky I didn't take it home and put on side of house, both baby rooms under eave of house, house would of went up im sure since it sits under eave. ya, just a boat. I spent two of the last months in hospital fighting cancer. boat gave me hope many days...finally felt a little better to go out on it, first launch btw....I even met scott the caveman from Gieco racing in AC races the prior week and now feel he jinxed me!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Maine
I asked my brother who is a fireman and he said at any accidents or vehicle fires they always cut the battery cables at the terminals. I'm surprised they didn't.
+1 they do the same in my state,chit if their were a fire on a house the first thing the fire men do is call the electric company and gas company to disconnect all power and gas,,no differant with a motorized vehicle..
Old 07-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
If it helps I feel the boat would have been totaled out the first time by your insurance anyway. After looking at the damage the boat would need a major going thru to get back to the way you had it. Sorry it happened, everyone is safe, its a boat ....
Agree......it was totaled the first time. SUCKS!!!! It's a 25 year old boat.......how old was the battery charger?
Old 07-09-2013, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

wow, that sucks twice over.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What a sad unfortunate end to such a great old boat. somewhere in the back of my mind something doesn't pass the smell test with this deal. I think the marina is partially responsible for the first fire. The likelihood of the second fire starting days later is extremely suspicious to me.

If you can...consider getting a sharp lawyer involved in this deal...I think there is compensation due you from the marina and possibly the repair yard.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sprink58
What a sad unfortunate end to such a great old boat. somewhere in the back of my mind something doesn't pass the smell test with this deal. I think the marina is partially responsible for the first fire. The likelihood of the second fire starting days later is extremely suspicious to me.

If you can...consider getting a sharp lawyer involved in this deal...I think there is compensation due you from the marina and possibly the repair yard.
What did the marina do wrong? Faulty wiring.....like what?

What did the repair shop do wrong?
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
What did the marina do wrong? Faulty wiring.....like what?

What did the repair shop do wrong?
+1. Plus if the insurance paid the value of the boat property loss is taken care of.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Just brought this up at the coffee table here at the station, fire was in the bilge of a 292 formula, chances of one of us climbing into a semi burned boat to cut the cables are slim to none. If it had been a 292 fastech I'm pretty sure most guys couldn't find the batteries. In an MVA we cut them to minimize the chance of an airbag deployment or possible short from a ruptured battery. In a boat fire any that we've had the batteries are melted by the time it's out so there's no point. Hate to be a bus driver but that may be considered a "rekindle" and the department / incident commander would have some liability.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.