Formula SS

Notices
Formula

Formula SS

Old 08-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aquaforce
As was stated before, I am big on dead rise too because of how much it effects the ride quality. The Formula 260SS or even the 280 is 24° and is a mono hull. The mono hull and 24° together will "drag" in the water ALOT more than a stepped boat hull. The stepped hull will be more fuel efficient because of it's ability to release from the water drag but water sports behind a stepped boat is a bad idea and not recommended, even though some do it! That said the fuel efficiency is not really a legitimate comparison, to me anyway, because the water sport boat and the "go-fast" boat are worlds apart and drastically different uses. The Formula SS in the "Sun Sport" version is all mono hull but the SS as the Super Sport version is stepped. If you look on Formula's web site you can see what is available, in sizes you want, if the fuel efficiency is a strong concern. I don't believe the difference in the hulls can compare to efficiency because the stepped is going to be better but has limitations to use. That is the best way I thing to describe the two hull types; they are both good in specific uses.

We shopped for a long time, went to many shows, got on a lot of boats before pulling the trigger on our Formula's. That is the best thing I would recommend, get on the boats and get the feel. There are Formula SS's that you may like over others for many reasons, some that are better felt and seen than told. The space and layout is very practical in the Formula line and to ride on one you would see how the ride is renowned among owners of the Formula line up.

I have the mono hull 242 just for the water sport reason.
Thanks for the information. Really right now just feeling it out, and maybe take the step in the next few years or so. Really like what I have and its nice. Just tired of hopping over the windshield to get to the bow and only having 6 people max sucks, no place for even a cooler, Im not gordons fisherman, but wouldnt mind throwing a line over once a while which with the fountain forget it. Then tubing, and skiing, lol yeah not happening. So well see what happens. Ride quality matters, not so concerened speed, still would like to get 55-60mph.

Fuel efficiency is a concern, I wouldnt mind spending the same amount on fuel, but would like something that gets some range.