Notices
Formula

IAC valve

Old 09-02-2014, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAC valve

Went on a long trip this weekend. Half way there the IAC alarm went off. We finished our trip. Then yesterday while flushing the engines the other side went off. This is on a 2007 382 with the 600's. I'm not familiar with where the valves are yet. Is it a DIY job or is there a computer involved? Also I thought it odd that both would act up at the same time. Ground problem maybe? Any advice would be appreciated. Eng. hrs. +/- 180
Old 09-02-2014, 06:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is odd that both would go at the same time. If your engines are 600SCi's, the IAC is located on the side of the throttle body and its literally two screws, one plug and a gasket. very easy to replace but it is a little odd that they would both act up at the same time..
Old 09-03-2014, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
Old 09-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Noteably when the IAC shorts and throws a code, be prepared to buy a computer. Dustin at Whipple can repair it if that's the case. I replace mine every year. A gm stock part will work. There appears to be no board protection in that circuit