311 Advise

Notices
Formula

311 Advise

Old 10-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Don't put aluminum on one, I think the factory platform makes the boat look great and fits the boat just right, I told sky that when he took his off!![ATTACH=CONFIG]531103[/ATTACH]
I agree.....the alum platform ruins the look of the boat.....

You definitely don't EVER want to do this......... Thru hull exhaust at or BELOW the waterline is a big nono......
http://www.boats4sale.pro/detail/us/...LA-F311-SR1-31
Old 10-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cut 8" holes in the bottom of mine on my 357 and then installed the screw in access plate. That way I could have it loud when I wanted or quiet it down a bit by installing the access plates. Also, I removed the damn inside and removed the rubber flappers. I think the rubber flappers are the most annoying thing about the silent thunder. I really like the resonating sound they make when you remove the damn and flappers. I agree with Baja, don't get a boat with exhaust below the water line, just not a good idea.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman
I cut 8" holes in the bottom of mine on my 357 and then installed the screw in access plate. That way I could have it loud when I wanted or quiet it down a bit by installing the access plates. Also, I removed the damn inside and removed the rubber flappers. I think the rubber flappers are the most annoying thing about the silent thunder. I really like the resonating sound they make when you remove the damn and flappers. I agree with Baja, don't get a boat with exhaust below the water line, just not a good idea.
Didn't you put like 5" access plates on the inside angled surface of your 292....that sounded real good too.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:47 AM
Registered

forgot about those, yes I did. That is one thing I actually liked about the silent thunder that I don't think too many buyers think about until you own one is that there are actually a lot of options to "tune" your exhaust noise to what you want and what you family may or may not want. It also really enhances the look of all their SR1 boats, no doubt!
Old 10-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman
forgot about those, yes I did. That is one thing I actually liked about the silent thunder that I don't think too many buyers think about until you own one is that there are actually a lot of options to "tune" your exhaust noise to what you want and what you family may or may not want. It also really enhances the look of all their SR1 boats, no doubt!
Well, using the deck access plates was ingenious on your part...as screwing the plate in gives you less exhaust sound (important nowadays with noise restrictions) and with the plate removed for an aggressive sound, the hole has the outer ring for a finished look. Good work !!!
Old 10-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Registered

Anyone have some pictures of these mods done to their thunder box? Liked to see the different way's it's been done.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Call scott he's got pics I'm sure of what he did
Old 10-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_Bigdog
I agree.....the alum platform ruins the look of the boat.....

You definitely don't EVER want to do this......... Thru hull exhaust at or BELOW the waterline is a big nono......
http://www.boats4sale.pro/detail/us/...LA-F311-SR1-31
Many big power cats in south Florida have through hulls below the waterline. Danger zone has a single 6" through hull under the gimbal. Just has to be a steep enough drop.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
Many big power cats in south Florida have through hulls below the waterline. Danger zone has a single 6" through hull under the gimbal. Just has to be a steep enough drop.
That boat isn't some big power cat with the engines further away from the transom.....that is an improper installation by anyone's standards. From CMI website..

All vertical dimensions are for standard height manifolds and taken on the outside of the transom with ruler flat against transom. CMI requires precise measurements ensure system fit. Plus or minus transom measurements indicate minimum and maximum dimensions in which tailpipe transom holes may be specified. Radius angles are an additional charge. See Measurement Guide for instructions to measure tailpipe installation.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I guess stingray, baja, cobalt and a handful of others that do through hulls below the platform and below the waterline are doing it wrong. Never mind the aftermarket and riggers.
Stingray 230sx and baja 240 both have the exhaust through hull below wTerline from the factory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.