Notices
Formula

353 hyd steering

Old 10-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
YUP,,,, I have one in the shop right now with 496s and no hyd steering,,,,,,, its downright scary to drive
Stepped hulled formula's are all down right scary to drive when the cable wears out. Formula should have known better. They wont put jack in for power because it would be too fast but they will make several that dart all over with standard steering. Makes no sense to me.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I put IMCO on my 311 and was very happy with the results ......by far the best upgrade ....m
Old 10-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Registered

If your 353 doesn't have hydraulic steering, it's a sport model, otherwise it has been standard equipment on a 353 since 1998. They were scary to drive with 0 hours brand new!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dukedonzi
What did they call them "Sport" or something quite a few of them out there...
The "Sport" was released in 2006, same hull and deck, but stripped down from a regular 353. Everything was optional, largest power was 496HOs with X drives. No refrigerator, shore power, power floors, Latham steering, cockpit carpet, mechanical indicators, Kplanes, XRs not even available.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The boat has a fridge, power footrest, chrome throttles, gauges, and dash switches. Vacuflush head, and doesn't mention the word "sport" anywhere on the build sheet, title, or any other paperwork. I'm i missing something here? I bought it from unlimited marine at Cumberland and I believe the add is still up. Not disagreeing with anyone here, I would just like to know how to tell if it's actually a sport. Also has carpet, Bimini, and shore power
Old 10-21-2014, 01:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by second chance
The boat has a fridge, power footrest, chrome throttles, gauges, and dash switches. Vacuflush head, and doesn't mention the word "sport" anywhere on the build sheet, title, or any other paperwork. I'm i missing something here? I bought it from unlimited marine at Cumberland and I believe the add is still up. Not disagreeing with anyone here, I would just like to know how to tell if it's actually a sport. Also has carpet, Bimini, and shore power
Quick call to Formula will tell. I have called them in the past and they are very helpful on the phone. The Sport vs regular 353 info from GL@PBC makes sense on the steering but the OPs boat has a lot of options. Possibly you could load up (options) a sport but not with the XR drives or Merc Race engines.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Registered

Correct VDR, no XRs or blue power avail on a sport. SC, it sounds like someone ordered a sport with nice options, but if it didn't come from Decatur with hydraulic steering, it is a sport. There are no "sport" badges or markings to identify anywhere on the boat. Fastech sales were low on 35s, so Formula introduced the "price leader" 353 to sell more units.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GL@PBC
sounds like someone ordered a sport with nice options, but if it didn't come from Decatur with hydraulic steering, it is a sport. There are no "sport" badges or markings to identify anywhere on the boat.
correct
correct
correct

some things you could NOT get in a Sport build- blue power and Platinum paint are examples
you could one off order 90% of other options in a Sport

the dash trim the OP speaks of was standard on all

I'm betting the OP's Sport has Silver level paint

Last edited by Rippem; 10-22-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looks like imco is who I will use. Called and got quotes from imco and latham. Imco system is almost $3000 cheaper!
Old 10-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by second chance
Looks like imco is who I will use. Called and got quotes from imco and latham. Imco system is almost $3000 cheaper!
You won't be sorry ... mine worked flawless ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.