Old 11-09-2014, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Good looking rig man! Congrats!
Old 12-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Well, Now that "Chillin" is resting comfortably indoors in the heat, its time for some add-ons to happen...funny I know. What could possibly need to be added to "Chillin". Well, that's a good question. AXA basically did everything. The whole reason I wanted the boat...He did it just as I did the Scarab...PERFECT !!!!. However, AXA never made the water glow...THAT"S WHAT I"M DOING !!!!

Now the question is, who sells the best underwater lights. I am thinking of either going with just RED lights or just BLUE...??? What does the public think? OSO's "Tread" gave me a good lead on underwater LED's...was hoping to get additional insight from those of you that have added underwater LED's. I've seen "Spitdecision's" RED lights in photos and they look really cool. We installed BLUE ones on the Scarab...

This time I want big time lighting. What's the best bang for the buck and how many should we install to not make too over the top? Ya I know, over the top is cool... lol....

Chris
Old 12-13-2014, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the water has something to do with it too!!
Old 12-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
I think the water has something to do with it too!!
How do they look when you are in the water at home? How many lights did you install ?
Old 12-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Registered

I put 3 out back. With the trim tabs not much room on the outside of either drive so they are installed right at the waterline so that makes them a lil brighter too. I didn't have much choice. They do okay up here in these waters nothing like down there though.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd recommend sending a PM to Perfect Storm, his were the cats azz
Old 12-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Registered

From the research I've done, RED is the toughest color to shine through. BLUE will def be brighter than RED but I got more RED in my boat than BLUE, plus I haven't seen to many boats lighting it up all RED out the back. So made my decision a bit easier. To be honest boat doesn't sit overnight in the water all that much. Maybe a total of 21 days this year. Plus I don't have any shore power connection so I've always been hesitant about leaving them on all night in fear of draining down battery. However I left them on overnight in Florida and had no issues.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Monkey you could also go bi-color. I suggested that to my Dad since his boat has yellow red blue. It brings a lot of attention and looks pretty cool.

These are pics i took from the Atlantic City Rendezvous this past summer.

** the red and green was from Sirmixalot DJ Castine shooting lasers off his boat.

Please excuse the old man top up on my boat in the background but i hate my upholstery and dash getting dewy.

Bit of difference from that Florida water...

Look on www.facebook.com/formulaownersofnj through our albums you will see a lot of underwater led shots.

Last edited by I.D.C.E.; 12-15-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[QUOTE=I.D.C.E.;4235152]Monkey you could also go bi-color. I suggested that to my Dad since his boat has yellow red blue. It brings a lot of attention and looks pretty cool.

These are pics i took from the Atlantic City Rendezvous this past summer.

Please excuse the old man top up on my boat in the background but i hate my upholstery and dash getting dewy.

Bit of difference from that Florida water...

[/QUOTE.

Looks great. Thanks for insight and posting the pics.

Last edited by badmonkey; 12-15-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Grab the ones that change to multiple colors or flash all different colors. That way you can decide at the time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.