Speaker Locations

Notices
Formula

Speaker Locations

Old 12-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Speaker Locations

So - I am doing a system in the boat here soon. I have a 33'6. My thoughts are amp and all will go in the closet in the cabin. All JL speakers and 2 subs. This is still tentative but I will do 2 subs and 2 speakers below the rear seats. and then 2 speakers, 1 by the captain and 1 passenger. I will also do 2 speakers in the cabin. Any other suggestions on where you all have put speakers? I wanted to put them on the side of the rear cock pit but i have storage there. I saw a guy that mounted his up higher by the back seats but not sure I want to mount the speakers up higher above the cup holders. Not sure if I am set on the look or not.

Send me pictures with what you have done pleaseee!
Old 12-18-2014, 05:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Place the speakers as high as you can. The system will sound much better if you can get your mids/highs up high.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:30 AM
Registered

mount the speakers just like they sound like. bass down low. mids in the middle. and highs up high.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Registered

That's the problem. Subs aren't bad but there aren't many places to mount the speakers.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]534547[/ATTACH]

Blake, Maybe you can do something like what axa did with "chillin". Mount them up behind the seats. I am not familiar with the cockpit of your new boat so this is the best I can do to help my brother out. Good Luck !!!

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Speaker Locations-img_1554.jpg  
Old 12-18-2014, 09:39 AM
Registered
VIP Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARINE-UNIVE...item3a946c8195

I am putting this on the under side of the bolster firing back to the back seat, we always stand so the speaker will be directed towards the rear seat. I like the sound of 6x9's so i will have 4 in the cock pit powered by a 4 channel amp. I have the speakers in the cabin disconnected so my daughter can sleep and we can party.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:28 PM
Registered

Chris - those pods are sweet but I am sure they were not cheap to make.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Registered
VIP Member

No go on the ebay link, the only speaker that will fit is a auto zone special with no magnet.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by badmonkey
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534547[/ATTACH]

Blake, Maybe you can do something like what axa did with "chillin". Mount them up behind the seats. I am not familiar with the cockpit of your new boat so this is the best I can do to help my brother out. Good Luck !!!

Chris
This is what I do with my F303. I use a cone style tower speaker designed for wake board boats and it fits nicely in the pocket between the seat and the side windscreen. Almost like it's supposed to be there. It works great when rafted up and hanging behind the boat.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure I would mount the amps in the closet due to lack of ventilation and heat build up. On my 311, I remounted amps on the inside wall of the side coaming ahead of the sliding lexan access panel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.