Sunpad Skin Replacement Recommendations >

Sunpad Skin Replacement Recommendations

Notices
Formula

Sunpad Skin Replacement Recommendations

Old 12-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If you find the right shop they can get it done right.[ATTACH=CONFIG]534739[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Sunpad Skin Replacement Recommendations-image.jpg  
Old 01-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

send me an email, I had a custom sundpad done for my 242 several years ago, best around, PERIOD. my email is [email protected]
Old 01-13-2015, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Split, what did you finally decide with on the skin replacements?
Old 01-13-2015, 03:04 PM
Registered

I haven't decided anything yet. Haven't even really thought about it to be honest. Have had some personal issues that I've been dealing with as of late so that has been occupying most of my time. I do need to get moving on this though, but it's been so cold haven't felt like opening the boat up to even get the old one off either.

I did email the guy Chris Campbell from McLeod mentioned in a previous post but no response...THANKS MENTAL...JK

Did you do the install yourself on your 34PC? I'm wondering if this is a job I want to do or pay someone to do for me. I'll pull the old one off, just want the new one to look perfect, so enlisting a professional might be worth it.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:21 PM
Registered

Split, I did do the recover myself. It wasn't that difficult to do. Care should be taken when removing the old skin, don't just cut it off and toss it away. I took the time to remove the staples, and took pictures of the folds and how they trimmed the skin. All trim can be done as you progress through each edge. I kept the old one as a reference to see how they folded each area. The new skins have an extra 2 inches or so all the way around. Also, they have small 'V' notches at specific points to as to allow you to orient and register the skin relative to centers and edges. The one thing that I did not do, and found out after I was done, most pro upholstery shops use a steam gun to work the skin after it is tacked down to smooth it out. This happened naturally after a few weeks of the upholstery being back on the boat and being out in the sun and getting wet/damp a few times, it helps with shrinking the skin and making things more taught over the seat or pad.

I talked with a local guy by my marina, and he said he would have installed the skins for about $1500.00 for the whole cockpit. If I had to do over again, I still would do the skins myself, cause that $1500 is 2 fillups for me. But then again that was for an entire cockpit, Helm seat, companion, 4 bottoms, 3 flip up backs and 1 fixed double wide back.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone who is trying to get in contact with Mcleod Interior Group, I'm here to help you with any new upholstery or replacement skins. I have taken over for Chris Campbell
so feel free to contact me
Contact Miraj at HRT
248-284-1170 EXT 113
email: [email protected]