Notices
Formula

Okay, Here I go again...Formula Number 4

Old 12-20-2014, 07:11 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Okay, Here I go again...Formula Number 4

Well, the time has come to continue my brand loyalty. Closed yesterday on my new to me 2003 Formula 37PC!

One owner boat living on Lake Norman in North Carolina, fresh water. Powered by 496 Mag HO's and only 115 hours on the clock, this baby is a cream puff! The inboards are cool as is the bow thruster. 6'8" of cabin head room and a stand up head makes this thing feel,like a condo instead of a boat. As we all know how it feels to wake up and crawl out of our performance boats, this should be interesting....

The boat didn't get a lot of use, but that's good and bad. It didn't get a lot of attention to detail either. Not abused, just not cared for as I would have if I was the original owner. A few things will need to be addressed, but it should come back pretty quickly and present new again real soon.

Plan to keep it on Lake Norman this winter, then have it transported up to The Thousand Islands in the spring. Several upgrades planned to "Bling It Up". I'll help make this forum a cruiser friendly place too as time goes on!

Another chapter in life and boating, turning the page.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Okay, Here I go again...Formula Number 4-image.jpg   Okay, Here I go again...Formula Number 4-image.jpg   Okay, Here I go again...Formula Number 4-image.jpg  

Okay, Here I go again...Formula Number 4-image.jpg  
Old 12-20-2014, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Congratulations!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Congratulations Dave on the new boat. The cabin is really nice. I am sure it will not take long for the "AXA BLING" to show. I am sure that Gail will love it....once she sees it...lol.

Chris
Old 12-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations. Good looking 37. One on our pond with Bravo 3s.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations! Classy color combination. What drew you to the PC over the SS? How is the cruise with the inboards compared to stern drives?

I'm sure you researched all the differences and would like to hear your decision process. I know there will be a time in our future to turn the page as well.

That 37 PC sure does look comfortable! One thing I sure like is all the room to get creative with an upgraded sound system. What upgrades are you thinking of?

Good luck and 115 hours, wow! Time to break that old girl in come spring!
Old 12-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the new bird.

I like the color and I'm sure you will love the space. That is one thing I really like about the cruisers, the space, but love the look of the offshore performance hull so in my youth I am still trying to have my cake and eat it too.

Keep the pics coming with the updates.

You could just move down this way to the Carolina's instead of hauling the boat up there. The boating season is longer down here. LOL
Old 12-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new 'bird. Looks awesome.

Dave
Old 12-20-2014, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice. Enjoy.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:10 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Congratulations! Classy color combination. What drew you to the PC over the SS? How is the cruise with the inboards compared to stern drives?

I'm sure you researched all the differences and would like to hear your decision process. I know there will be a time in our future to turn the page as well.

That 37 PC sure does look comfortable! One thing I sure like is all the room to get creative with an upgraded sound system. What upgrades are you thinking of?

Good luck and 115 hours, wow! Time to break that old girl in come spring!
First of all, I chose the inboards based upon maintence and longevity, not performance and economy. Over the time that I own this boat neither will have a significant impact on my wallet!

Top speed is around 34-37mph. Cruise will be around 26-29 mph burning around 1 mpg. That is all I had expected.

Bonus! Draft of this 17000lb boat is only 30" with the tunnels and inboards!

As far as the SS vs The PC, it came down to room and again out drive maintence. I see that a lot of SS's have had or have out drive issues. Heavy boat lots of stress on the drives. I don't want to deal with it. Enjoyed wrenching on my other boats, I found it relaxing and challenging. I will still tinker with my cars and sleds and such, but time to just relax and enjoy the sights a bit. When the need for the rush hits again, I'll figure something out!

Thanks for all of the positive comments all!

Dave
Old 12-21-2014, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely beautiful. Smart going with the tunnels. Knew a guy with a 37 with b3s and kept blowing drives. Was good for one about every 2 seasons. Having all that cabin room and creature comfort def makes you think why you every owned a performance boat. I live aboard my fathers 31pc for a week every summer and almost every weekend. AC frig TV beds, yes beds plural, enjoy axa.

I think IDCE will share your enthusiasm to make this place into a shared cruiser and performance forum. Although IDCE and his yachttech may be in a class of its own, but he'll be onboard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.